Post Likes

Liebert screen illuminates but displays no information.

I'm working on a Liebert Challenger 3000, Model #BU060E

This is what the screen looks like. Everything works with the unit, the buttons work to shut the unit off and on. The unit has been like this before I got hired and no one wants to touch it because the setpoints are set and it cools. Recently the unit has been giving an alarm but I can't see the alarm information.
    We have another Liebert, same model, so I swapped all the components that involve the display and the screen and still doesn't show information.

This is what the back of the display screen looks like, I swapped all it with a working screen and the problem still happens. So I decided to swap the motherboard.

I swapped out the motherboard and the black cable connecting to the screen. The screen still doesn't display information. The only two other circuit boards are the ones you see on the right. The top one is a transformer and fuses, which the display is not fused. The bottom is a smoke alarm.

I'm not sure on where to go from here. The screen works on the other unit but not this one. Any recommendations will help.

Post Likes
    Check it the ribbon cable connection to the screen is slightly wobbly. If yes, you should try reheat solder in the back of the circuit board and resolder those connections.
    Since you know that screen and the ribbon cable are working (you tested them on the other machine), it’s definitely the processing board to which it connects to. Also inspect the circuit board for possible damage - like someone might have knocked off one small component off the circuit board or shorted something.
    If you could post a high resolution picture of the circuit board, well lit, it might help me to help you further.

Post Likes
    I have also changed out the processing board. Ill post high res pictures after work

Post Likes
    Eliminate the cables themselves by swapping them back and forth.

If you put the main board from the non working unit into another unit (leaving all the cables and display in the working unit in place, and the screen didn’t work, the it’s the control board.

Like was said check the pins.

I did a retrofit a few years ago and got a brand new board that had a bad display output. I would lean towards your board failing.