Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Gloves, LOL. If the equipment is that dirty, shouldn't you be cleaning the equipment? Seems like it's always the young rookies who use gloves. Always taking them off and on. Think the only time I've worn gloves in the past several years is when I have to put pookie on ducting.
    I don't just wear them for the dirt although it is nice to be able to take off a glove and h ave a clean hand to adjust a thermostat. I wear them mainly for the physical abuse hands take. I don't get near the cuts, scraps, and burns since I started wearing gloves on every call, install and duct job. Hands still get rougher than sand paper in the winter, but I sure don't accidentally find as many sharp edges on equipment.

Post Likes
    I like Ansell gloves. Only thing is they seem to make your hands feel colder

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhenergy View Post
    For whatever reason, I lose gloves faster than I wear them out.
    LOL!

Yeah, I always end up with ~5 more left hand gloves for some reason??? Who the hell is stealing my right hand gloves???
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Grease monkey gloves 8mil blue color, they are nice and thick and disposable, they are 8 mil thicknesss so tends to not rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well I am a youngun I won't fight that point Bbeerme, but keeping gloves on through the whole job is not too difficult. "Cleaning" the equipment I'm working on would also be nice with gloves. Clearing/replacing condensate lines and utraps etc. I work on restaurant equipment like prep tables and chef bases, etc. My hands come in contact with raw/cooked food (often dropped on me), the floor, grease, and dirty ass condensate water-in addition to the actual machine. No duct work or whatever else. I don't mind the dirt so much, it's the bacteria and slime and just outright disgustingness that combined with little cuts here and there kinda worries me. I might just go gloveless one day, but for now whatever can keep my hands clean and nick-free is what I'm looking for.

6. Likes The Turtleman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    LOL!

Yeah, I always end up with ~5 more left hand gloves for some reason??? Who the hell is stealing my right hand gloves???
    Glad I’m not the only one. “I know there is a set of gloves on my seat. Sh*t it’s not a set it’s two right hand gloves of mismatched styles.”

Never fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I might be an ol' timer now, but even when I was a young buck, wouldn't put my hands in slime or filth.

At least not unless I was cleaning up a mess. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZ View Post
    Well I am a youngun I won't fight that point Bbeerme, but keeping gloves on through the whole job is not too difficult. "Cleaning" the equipment I'm working on would be a half day job for some places, and frankly isn't what I'm paid for. I work on restaurant equipment like prep tables and chef bases, etc. My hands come in contact with raw/cooked food (often dropped on me), the floor, grease, and dirty ass condensate water-in addition to the actual machine. No duct work or whatever else. I don't mind the dirt so much, it's the bacteria and slime and just outright disgustingness that combined with little cuts here and there kinda worries me. I might just go gloveless one day, but for now whatever can keep my hands clean and nick-free is what I'm looking for.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Post Likes
    Ha yes, well I'm learning quick heh, and that's the point of gloves-I don't want to put my hands on all that. Easier to have gloves. Drop a screw in the condensate pan? Pulling apart and replacing condensate lines and utraps? And all the filth along the way that greasy restaurant kitchens seems to attract-even the clean ones? Gloves for me.

Them harbor freight 9 mils worked great today. Wondering if the 7 mils would be as effective, though I could probably get multiple day use out of these 9 mils.

Post Likes
    Look up “glove clip” on amazon. Helps me not lose gloves.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZ View Post
    Ha yes, well I'm learning quick heh, and that's the point of gloves-I don't want to put my hands on all that. Easier to have gloves. Drop a screw in the condensate pan? Pulling apart and replacing condensate lines and utraps? And all the filth along the way that greasy restaurant kitchens seems to attract-even the clean ones? Gloves for me.

Them harbor freight 9 mils worked great today. Wondering if the 7 mils would be as effective, though I could probably get multiple day use out of these 9 mils.
    I use the 9 mil for cleaning (oil boiler/furnace), 7 mil for service (anything but sheet metal). One pair per job. Never even tried to take them off and put them back on, especially if they get sweaty.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    For oil I like to train my helper full-hands-on that day.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    For oil, I like the highest mil nitrile gloves from harbor freight. Cheap, hold up pretty well.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Tiger grip

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Nothing like greasy hands. I hate to work with gloves but sometimes you have no choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12