+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gloves for light commercial refrigeration work?

Post Likes
    Ha yes, well I'm learning quick heh, and that's the point of gloves-I don't want to put my hands on all that. Easier to have gloves. Drop a screw in the condensate pan? Pulling apart and replacing condensate lines and utraps? And all the filth along the way that greasy restaurant kitchens seems to attract-even the clean ones? Gloves for me.

Them harbor freight 9 mils worked great today. Wondering if the 7 mils would be as effective, though I could probably get multiple day use out of these 9 mils.

Post Likes
    Look up “glove clip” on amazon. Helps me not lose gloves.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZ View Post
    Ha yes, well I'm learning quick heh, and that's the point of gloves-I don't want to put my hands on all that. Easier to have gloves. Drop a screw in the condensate pan? Pulling apart and replacing condensate lines and utraps? And all the filth along the way that greasy restaurant kitchens seems to attract-even the clean ones? Gloves for me.

Them harbor freight 9 mils worked great today. Wondering if the 7 mils would be as effective, though I could probably get multiple day use out of these 9 mils.
    I use the 9 mil for cleaning (oil boiler/furnace), 7 mil for service (anything but sheet metal). One pair per job. Never even tried to take them off and put them back on, especially if they get sweaty.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    For oil I like to train my helper full-hands-on that day.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    For oil, I like the highest mil nitrile gloves from harbor freight. Cheap, hold up pretty well.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Tiger grip

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Nothing like greasy hands. I hate to work with gloves but sometimes you have no choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in