+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Well Water Systems

Post Likes

Well Water Systems

Hi all, I am looking for advice on Well water Systems. We currently have an old system, that uses salt, a nasty aerator tank, etc. We are looking to upgrade to a new system ASAP. We want the best available, long-lasting, and low maintenance. Looking into salt-free systems. I’ve heard about Aquasana Rhino, Pelican, Kinetico and a few others. But I don’t truly know how good they are. If anyone can give me some insight, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Water Right makes some quality equipment. Most important thing is to know what is in your water so you know how to treat it. My old house I had string filters iron filters and water softeners with iron removing salt. New home just a softener. Also if you are looking for a drinking water system try "Free Drinking waters" website quality RO systems on there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. Likes HVACNat018 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We just spoke to a rep from Pelican and they were talking about some combo system.. basically a carbon filtration system that removes contaminants and also gives you drinking water from pretty much any water source in the house. But that one costs a pretty penny..

Post Likes
    We live in SWFL and will probably be having the water here tested soon to know exactly what’s in it and what we need from there.

Post Likes
    Bump

Post Likes
    Need to get a new system ASAP need advice on what system is best

Post Likes
    I had a system from Pure Water Inc, It used Pentair tanks, Fleck BW valves made of bronze. It went through a chlorinator, then a synthetic carbon filter, then a softener, then a 7 layer media filter then to the house, I installed it and forgot it, they said the synthetic carbon never needs replacing and after 14 years of use it would remove all chlorine when I shocked the wells, I had to put the system in bypass to get chlorine to the house. I sold the property and the info about it with the user manuals stayed with it, I will google the system and get the info and post it. If im not mistaken the system cost me 2500.00 delivered and was worth every penny, my well water was cloudy without it.
    I'm curious about your aerator, does your water have sulfur in it? mine did and I put a bubbler in the holding tank to remove the gas and the filter would remove the mineral.

Post Likes
    I like the Kinetico, it regenerates when a set number of gallons goes through it, whereas the ones on a timer regenerated whether it needs to or not.

Hope this helps

Post Likes
    Yes, I definitely agree here.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    So? What was found in the water after it was tested?

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HVACNat018 View Post
    We live in SWFL and will probably be having the water here tested soon to know exactly what’s in it and what we need from there.

PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Following

Post Likes
    Have the Salt free,no electricity,Pelican Combo system in my house. The Carbon filter helps with taste,have to replace every 5 years,no biggie. The second tank supposed to help the hardness.Haven't had any plumbing issues with the pipes. Didn't want a backwash and drain system,no room,and my septic wouldn't except it. So that's what I went with.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in