Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    So, we were called there due to MUA having a high discharge air temp issue. This is what one of our guys found, along with some maxitrol issues.

Onsite maintenance hadn't heard anything out of the ordinary. :0

I'm kind of proud of my temporary repair. Tempted to change out the other bearing to a pillar and calling it fixed.
    Outstanding Lahrs!

How close to the brace is the belt?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Yup.

When I first saw those, I had a helluva time taking them off. I quickly learned to inspect that 'tapping' hole to see which way they were put on. And they where always backwards. Then I saw in print that's how you're supposed to do it.

It probably has to do with the load. The load being the blower wheel. On start up, since the blower wheel wants to stay at rest, it tightens up the eccentric.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Man View Post
    You tap it so it turns in the direction of rotation, which seems backwards. Id think it should be opposite of rotation so starting torque isnt trying to loosen it. Thats what the directions say though.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Outstanding Lahrs!

How close to the brace is the belt?
    It looks close in pic, but there is an inch gap.

Time will tell how good my hack was. Needs to get a hotel kitchen through to the new year.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Yup.

When I first saw those, I had a helluva time taking them off. I quickly learned to inspect that 'tapping' hole to see which way they were put on. And they where always backwards. Then I saw in print that's how you're supposed to do it.

It probably has to do with the load. The load being the blower wheel. On start up, since the blower wheel wants to stay at rest, it tightens up the eccentric.
    More often than not I cut the old bearings off. Eccentric and all. Especially on the drive side which is further in on shaft. Only takes a minute.

Often the bottom half of bearing can be left under the shaft for support as the new bearing is driven on. Less chance of damaging blower wheel.

Yeah, I'm a hack, that grew up on a farm. A place ya had to just make stuff work.

Post Likes
    I often do the same, a cutting torch makes it go real fast.

More often than not I cut the old bearings off. Eccentric and all. Especially on the drive side which is further in on shaft. Only takes a minute.

Often the bottom half of bearing can be left under the shaft for support as the new bearing is driven on. Less chance of damaging blower wheel.

Yeah, I'm a hack, that grew up on a farm. A place ya had to just make stuff work.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Pretty slick the way you fixed that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N'awlins Dawlin' USA and Palmares Costa Rica
    Post Likes
    From the git er done file, I would have to put this on the Wall of Pride instead.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Yup.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Defanitly wall of pride, not shame! Great fix! I would leave it, probably better than before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Worthy of "Wall of Pride"!

Very nice outside the box thinking! Uni-Strut use #1492!

CT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12