Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smart probes?

Post Likes
    Fieldpiece. I’ve had the wireless kit for over a year now and it works great. I use the MQ app with them. Great range and the 45 degree bend on the pressure probes makes it easier to connect to most service ports. Works great for nitrogen leak testing too since it reads tenths of a psi.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    It does not at this second, but it will soon. We just redesigned the toolbox and the mapping to handle mapping multiple probes and averaging and individual probes to specific functions. My guess would be in the next few months or less. We are wrapping up heat pumps in the heating mode now.
    Hi Jim!
    The multiple sensor use update would be fantastic! What I do is fairly straightforward but still requires flipping back and froth between apps and some basic math.
    In reading what I just wrote is actually just nuts, how lazy are we all to get with all the apps and such, I do know it speeds things up. most of the young techs have no idea what to do with a simple 3 hose manifold with {gasp} analog gauges.

Now i'm starting to sound like my dad lol

I will say that I have my set of Zepplin gauges that I still use quite often, retired a set of Robin Air's,,,, I bought those back before most techs on this site were born lolol (1985 )

Thank you Jim for making our job's much easier and more accurate with the app! it's a time saver

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CDHCR View Post
    In reading what I just wrote is actually just nuts, how lazy are we all to get with all the apps and such, I do know it speeds things up. most of the young techs have no idea what to do with a simple 3 hose manifold with {gasp} analog gauges.
    Fact is the newer digital technology is not only more accurate, but you're able to gather more information for a better analysis of the system. Old school methods are still able to "fix" stuff, but when it comes to making the equipment operate at peak performance, it was very time consuming with older analog equipment. So, very few technicians would spend the time to do so. Not because they're lazy, but because it would cost the company money, and it's time vs reward. The new technology reduces time and increases reward, plain and simple.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    I have found the testo probes quite handy when doing quick checks, but all my work is on chillers so they are usually only a few feet away from my Ipad, but longer more detailed testing i use Pico TC-08 x 2 , that gives me 16 channels of temps but i use an old 'dedicated' laptop that i can leave them plugged into, also a Pico ADC-24 for pressures, amps and does the sub-cooling/superheat/saturations for me too , they all plug into the laptop and automatically connect into the Picolog software so i can see either the data or in graphical format for trending, i could also add my ultra-sonic flowmeter in too for flow readings but it all gets to be a bit tooooo much data sometimes. Battery life seems ok on the Testo's as i had them on a site recently for 2 x 8 hour days , changed all batteries in the beginning and after two days they were down to are 80% on the indicators in the Testo software.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all of the replies/input. Around Christmas I pulled the string on the field piece probes set with 2 air probes. They should be arriving soon from Trutechtools. I will play with them at home. Once I get the hang of them I’m sure it will be easier.

Post Likes
    happy new year to all the techs,I recently got the testo 510i monometer that reads gas pressure,air velocity & cfm. They sell separate static pressure probes that only measures static pressure & probes called pitot tube ,that measures velocity pressure ,cfm,fpm & static pressure @ he same time.The testo app figures all out for you. I would like to know if any one used the pitot tube to read static pressure on duct or cfm accurately. any information would be appropriated.If i dont have to buy the static probes & only buy the pitot tube to serve both purposes would be great,thanks

Post Likes
    sorry ,I accidentally posted on the wrong post.i ment for new thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12