Post Likes

USB Link 2 not communicating after installing and reinstalling drivers.

I was hoping to work on an Aaon unit today, but instead I'm working on the USB Link 2 device I need in order to talk to the unit. As the title says I've installed the 64 bit version of the driver package on my 64 bit machine, but during a search for units with the device connected and plugged into the unit as well, I get no USB comm lights, which means there is no communication between my laptop and the USB Link. Comm is set to high speed, stand alone on both Prism and the dipswitches on the USB Link. My computer recognizes the device as a Silicon Labs CP210x when it's plugged in.

What am I missing here? I've also tried using a brand new usb cable to no avail.

Post Likes
    What are you plugging into? VCMX? VCBX? VCCX? VCCX2?

Post Likes
    Is it a USB Link or a USB Link 2?

Post Likes
    Correct COM port selected when editing "Job Site"?

Post Likes
    Sorry, just seen you said it was a 2, was still sleeping this morning apparently..

Post Likes
    OK, long story short if you've got a VCMX board, you need to make sure you're set on High Speed, just like the instructions say. If you're on a VCM board, it needs to be set to low speed.

Post Likes
    Respectfully disagree.. the VCMX is the oldest of the controllers and talks low speed only. The VCBX, VCCX, and VCCX2 are factory set to high speed, but can be set to low speed if it's on a networked system that requires it..

I asked about the USB Link because the original can only talk low speed and the Link 2 is selectable..

Make sure the comm port is set right, which sounds like it is.. Make sure the radio button is ticked next to "USB Link 2 or Comm Link 5"

The lights on the USB Link 2 signify communication from the USB Link 2 and the Wattmaster controller.. From what I understand, the laptop recognizes the USB Link 2 just fine..

And if that's the case, it's still a speed setting/device issue.. or the RTU is Daisy chained into a Wattmaster network, in which case the 3 conductor comm connector directly to the left of the round handheld port needs to be unplugged.

Need more info..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dthames86 View Post
    Respectfully disagree.. the VCMX is the oldest of the controllers and talks low speed only. The VCBX, VCCX, and VCCX2 are factory set to high speed, but can be set to low speed if it's on a networked system that requires it..

I asked about the USB Link because the original can only talk low speed and the Link 2 is selectable..

Make sure the comm port is set right, which sounds like it is.. Make sure the radio button is ticked next to "USB Link 2 or Comm Link 5"

The lights on the USB Link 2 signify communication from the USB Link 2 and the Wattmaster controller.. From what I understand, the laptop recognizes the USB Link 2 just fine..

And if that's the case, it's still a speed setting/device issue.. or the RTU is Daisy chained into a Wattmaster network, in which case the 3 conductor comm connector directly to the left of the round handheld port needs to be unplugged.

Need more info..
    Had to look up VCM, didn't even know it existed.. never ran into one before.