Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Ah, I see. Too bad. You parrot Liberal talking points so masterfully, I was fooled into thinking perhaps you had a few thoughts of your own on matters of depth. I stand corrected.
    Well the topic is apparently about how Cicero was a genius but since the quote isn't from Cicero what are we supposed to be discussing? Don't blame me because liberals insist on facts which are so often inconvenient for you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Well the topic is apparently about how Cicero was a genius but since the quote isn't from Cicero what are we supposed to be discussing? Don't blame me because liberals insist on facts which are so often inconvenient for you.
    Yeah, that must be it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    The man saw into the future and witnessed the actions of todays democrats.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
    Well, .... This will Tick Off the Republicans, but, ..... Cicero's statements easily apply to the Republican Party & to the Democrats.

Problem is, ..... Even though I am a Staunch Conservative, that Absolutely Detests what the Democrats have done to America, ... Because I refuse to be a "Crap Fed Mushroom that thrives in the Dark", & I point out the many, many faults of the past Republican Administrations, as well as this one,.... I Catch Hell from the Republicans.

Tis Ok., .... At the least, I'll never have to regret defending a Leader(s),... When it's Plainly Evident that are Guilty of Wrongdoing.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    And another insightful observation, written by Alexander Tyler, an 18th century Scottish history professor:

The following quote attributed to Scottish history professor Alexander Tyler in 1787, seems to portray an accurate reflection of what has occurred during our 200+ years of existence as a democracy.

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.”

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
    • From bondage to spiritual faith
    • From spiritual faith to great courage
    • From courage to liberty
    • From liberty to abundance
    • From abundance to complacency
    • From complacency to apathy
    • From apathy to dependence
    • From dependence back into bondage

http://ifapicsays1000words.********....-downfall.html
    My "Modified Like Button" >>>>
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    "Don't blame me because liberals insist on facts"

Thank You Sooty! That Lunatic Statement made My Day, no, ... It'll carry me in laughter for at least the next 72 hours.

Thank You Sir!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12