+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York YK Style G chiller machine characteristics

Post Likes

Question York YK Style G chiller machine characteristics

Hi guys,

I have been looking at vibration data of York YK chiller YKKCKSH9-CSGS. This is my first looking at this beast and so please forgive my ignorance. Given the model number I assume it is model G with compressor H9 and motor CS. I have vibration data at both motor drive-end and at compressor close to the impeller.

To make sense out of vibration data, I need to find atleast the following geometry information about parts but it is not easy to find:
    1. Exact bearing information at motor drive end. Is it journal bearing as well?
    2. Gear high speed/low speed ratio which is ratio of output to input teeth?
    3. Bearing information at the impeller. Seems like journal bearing with thrust bearing?
    4. Number of impeller and diffuser vanes?

I have found 160.73-rp4 parts document, but I don't know which parts apply for four items above. Also they don't give me is geometry information about parts which is what describes vibration data. Anyone with real life experience maintaining these chillers can give me what they know in the models they worked on.

thanks

Post Likes
    The gear teeth are proprietary. The motor bearing information should be on the motor nameplate. The compressor side bearings are journal bearings.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    They don't run for long if they vibrate and you would need historical footprints from commissioning and annually to date to do a good assessment, otherwise you are looking at a snapshot

Post Likes
    jayguy thanks for the response. I understand gear teeth are proprietary. I just wanted to know the speed ratio to expect, i.e what is the impeller rpm to expect when motor is rotating at say half the labeled speed.

Post Likes
    reptyr we are remote predictive monitoring. I have baseline data but we want to be able to monitor specific characteristics rather than trend of overall vibration. To determine specific characeteristics from vibration data, one requires knowledge of expected rpm, empeller blades and gear speed ratio and bearing information.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by avive View Post
    jayguy thanks for the response. I understand gear teeth are proprietary. I just wanted to know the speed ratio to expect, i.e what is the impeller rpm to expect when motor is rotating at say half the labeled speed.
    What is your gear code? It is on the nameplate of the compressor and the nameplate of the control panel.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in