Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Confused JCI DX-9100 Offsets/ Calibration

Hello! I recently moved jobs to a hospital, large operation. and they have me learning the JCI Controls system.
    Most of it is DX-9100 controllers. they are upgrading to NAE's slowly, but in my operating rooms, they have to
    check the humidity to keep it comfortable, around 40%.
    I just replaced some HE-XX humid/temp sensors that had the humidity readings far off. from what I understand,
    is that humidity sensors just go bad after a certain amount of time.
    I've recently come across one that was about 15% off from the actual room humidity.
    when replaced the stat, it changed slightly, but it looks like there is an offset inside the controller for that room.
    Can I access and change the offsets of the DX board without the GX software.
    I'm assuming you can calibrate those sensors in the GX software.
    So should I have the company buy the M-tools software suite? or can I do this all on the DX board display directly?
    any help understanding this DX controller Calibration would be deeply appreciated!

Post Likes
    Unfortunately I believe you do need to get the GX software, and it only runs on XP. I have a virtual machine on my Windows 7 laptop, use a USB to serial adapter and that's how I get into DX9100s. It was a headache to get set up. I would get your employer to pay for a good IT firm to help you with it. Sounds like its not the first or last time you'll need GX

Post Likes
    That sounds like a good plan.
    We have an good IT department that could help me out Im sure. Virtual machine xp then and a usb to serial. That sounds like it will work great. I really appreciate your help nocomply65. Ive been reading as much as I could about it, just wasnt sure about how to do it all properly. I owe you one! Thanks brother.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HvachuckG View Post
    That sounds like a good plan.
    We have an good IT department that could help me out I’m sure. Virtual machine xp then and a usb to serial. That sounds like it will work great. I really appreciate your help nocomply65. I’ve been reading as much as I could about it, just wasn’t sure about how to do it all properly. I owe you one! Thanks brother.
    Windows 7 pro 32 bit laptop also works. Im using a Dell laptop.
    Just when I thought I knew it all, I realize that I am still learning something new everyday!

Post Likes
    You have to upload the calibration values and multiply the error by 13 and adjust the calibration value up or down to calibrate it and then download the new calibration values.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    You have to upload the calibration values and multiply the error by 13 and adjust the calibration value up or down to calibrate it and then download the new calibration values.
    okay, what serial to USB connector do i need?
    i was looking at a simple cable from amazon or anywhere, but then i saw a thread about them and started looking at the S2USB485 Interface. Is that a good part for this type of connection? Don't want something that is gonna go bad on me in a few months.

But I like the b&b smartworx 485USBTB-2W more. What would you suggest?

To upload and download the values, is that all in the GX program, or will i need addnl software?

Post Likes
    There are calibration values that you can modify that change the hardware. Or it may be calibrated in the program by adjusting the ends of the 0 to 10 VDC conversion to % in the software. Either method is done using the GX9100 software. I would buy a Win 7 32 bit laptop as your DX tool. Laptop really doesn't need any horse power to run this. Refurbs can be had for less than my Fluke DMM. Though a Good IT dept could set you up on a VM if your current Laptop has some Power.

Post Likes
    Thank you bill! Youre a huge help. I really appreciate everyone on here.

Post Likes
    I can help you with this. Email me once you have it setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Basconsulting1@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you EJRJR.
    Ill send you a email in a week or so after I get a PO and the parts come in. I really appreciate it!

Post Likes
    I also have used GX-9100 software on windows 7 32-bit - wont install in 64-bit.

I also recently got a laptop with a physical serial port after a lot of searching - HP 6570b - multiple places selling refurb units for cheap. Reduces headaches with serial to USB that can come up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HvachuckG View Post
    okay, what serial to USB connector do i need?
    i was looking at a simple cable from amazon or anywhere, but then i saw a thread about them and started looking at the S2USB485 Interface. Is that a good part for this type of connection? Don't want something that is gonna go bad on me in a few months.

But I like the b&b smartworx 485USBTB-2W more. What would you suggest?

To upload and download the values, is that all in the GX program, or will i need addnl software?
    I use the S2USB485. I luv it. You will need a null modem DB9 serial cable to go with it.
    I have also used GX9100 and HVACPro on Windows 10 32 Bit - for what it is worth (I think that is why the new CCT wants only 64bit PCs to run on, to force incompatibility and therefore upgrades). The drivers on the S2USB485 are made for XP/Win7. So you will need to use another USB to Serial adapter if you do Win10x32. I tend to stay with my dedicated Johnson Windows XP Virtual Machine. The neeto thing about the S2USB485 is that it gets you into all the HVACPro based stuff as well. The Johnson guys in our branch some years ago were leaving their CVTPros in the van and using this as it was faster and more reliable (they said).
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast