Post Likes

everest undercounter unit frost issue

hello techs, checked out a (2)Everest undercounter refrigeration units after analyzing operations & manually checking DT,I charged both units to 15psi R134a, kept 20-22°SH for 1st unit but getting frosted suction line know,for 2nd unit 10-12°SH not much frost on suction, I was able to lower temp inside box to everage 35° with doors opening & closing, i would like to know why I was getting frosted suction lines,any suggestions would help, I will attach pictures.thanks

Post Likes
    Remove some charge, the frost will back off

Post Likes
    pecmsgam appreciate your help on other posts as well.Am not at the place know, if left that way i dont think it would cause issues cause my compressor amps was below rated.once I go back I will correct.thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nytech28 View Post
    pecmsgam appreciate your help on other posts as well.Am not at the place know, if left that way i dont think it would cause issues cause my compressor amps was below rated.once I go back I will correct.thanks
    The only time you want a accurate amp reading is when comparing to a performance chart.
    Evap and condensing temperature decide amperage!

Post Likes
    Those suction lines insulated? Sure it's not undercharged?