Post Likes

Carrier question

Hello everyone my name is Ryan and this is my first post on here. I am mainly an installer but I do some service on residential units. My question is that I did a call on a Carrier furnace that was condemned by another company through a home warranty plan and we ended up getting the install. So it initially was looked at and the gas valve was getting a constant 13 or 14 volts to it even when it wasn't calling for heat but not enough to open it though. When it opened it sent the proper voltage to open it.The board was replaced and the same thing happened. When I looked at it I checked for grounding issues as well of the transformers voltages on the board. I couldn't figure out why it was doing it. I know that someone would have to be there to see it and explain it better but what are some things that could cause that to happen? It was 11 years old and a 58MXB-100-F-11116 model. It's canned I just wanted feedback on it. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Common of transformer not grounded.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    How were you checking voltage, what was your leads on?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Hello. Thanks for the feedback on this issue. So the other contractor I actually know finding out from my boss and I asked him what they exactly had did and it makes sense now..

I work for my best friend and it's a total of 3 people all together so pretty tight knit company to work for. So the other company put a used icm board that wasn't compatible with the furnace in that Carrier unit. Then they canned it but we were cheaper on the bid and got the install. The used board is all I can think of as of right now.