Post Likes

Gree Mini Split Error Code

Hi guys, went to check out a Mini Split we had installed a few months ago, cust said it was working great the whole time even this morning. Service call said the condenser unit would not come on. We get there and the indoor unit blower is running, not showing any error code. But the condenser is not on.

Checked for leaks at the flare joints and all good. When we installed it, boss said to take out some refrigerant because it had too much in it (which I have since been told that these systems regulate the factory charge by themselves, no need to take refrigerant out even with a short lineset. Just add when the lineset is too long. Is that correct?) Anyways, we open up the system to take a look at the circuit board. Red light blinking 8 times, then pause for 1-2 seconds. Then 8 times again, and so on. But when I look at the error codes, it doesn’t tell me anything for Red - 8. Only thing it says is Yellow - 8 = compressor overheat, less refrigerant, capillary blocked up. Felt the compressor and it was cool. Removed hi volt for 5-10 min and put it back and the condenser kicked on! After that everything working 100%.

So just wanted to see if anyone here had ever run into this or will I just be stumped forever about the red light and just hope it was a fluke. We are thinking it may have been a bit low on refrigerant but again there’s no error code description for that for the red light. See pic attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum will a mod be able to move this to Tech to Tech or will I have to repost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Moved,
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

4. Likes HVACNat018 liked this post
    Post Likes

Gree Mini Split Error Code

Are you sure it was not 9 flashes ? That would indicate a lack of refrigerant (possible considering you removed some) or a blockage.

Did you connect to the service port to see what kind of pressure you had in there with the unit running full throttle ?