Post Likes

Honeywell Lonspec - XL10 VAV Controller - Force Open Command for MWU

Our projects division installed a new Trane Intellipak RTU at a building. The Trane Intellipak RTU speeds up the supply fan to 100% during morning warm up, and the unit trips on high duct static pressure due to the VAV boxes NOT opening up. I know the Trane Intellipak has a output that is considered the VAV drive OPEN command. I was wanting to look at a way to bring the DRIVE OPEN command into a controller input, and use refer points to tell the XL10 VAV boxes to drive open for morning warm up. At first I was thinking I could just let the VAVs know what the supply air temperature was, and change their action to heating, but I worry that the RTU could still trip on high duct static pressure because some VAVs may not require heating. Trane prefers that the VAV boxes are driven open based on their morning warm up command. Is there a point in the XL10 VAV controllers that I could command to force the VAV box to go open OR to its maximum CFM setpoint?
    J. King

Post Likes
    Yes there is.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oldhweller View Post
    Yes there is.
    Do you know what the point name is? Or what configuration option needs changed to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    Our projects division installed a new Trane Intellipak RTU at a building. The Trane Intellipak RTU speeds up the supply fan to 100% during morning warm up, and the unit trips on high duct static pressure due to the VAV boxes NOT opening up. I know the Trane Intellipak has a output that is considered the VAV drive OPEN command. I was wanting to look at a way to bring the DRIVE OPEN command into a controller input, and use refer points to tell the XL10 VAV boxes to drive open for morning warm up. At first I was thinking I could just let the VAVs know what the supply air temperature was, and change their action to heating, but I worry that the RTU could still trip on high duct static pressure because some VAVs may not require heating. Trane prefers that the VAV boxes are driven open based on their morning warm up command. Is there a point in the XL10 VAV controllers that I could command to force the VAV box to go open OR to its maximum CFM setpoint?
    Set nviApplMode to HVAC_MRNG_WRMUP (enumeration 2)
    See page 86:
    https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/74-2949.pdf

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    Set nviApplMode to HVAC_MRNG_WRMUP (enumeration 2)
    See page 86:
    https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/74-2949.pdf
    Digo,

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King