+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And again....HP system

Post Likes

And again....HP system

Yet again, forgot the freakin before pics. It looked bad. Took out a 1996 comfort maker.

New metal, new disconnect, reused lineset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What is the purpose of the secondary drain with that vertical piece of pvc? Looks nice. Good job on the bends.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    What is the purpose of the secondary drain with that vertical piece of pvc? Looks nice. Good job on the bends.
    So the homeowner can pour vinegar in it to clean pan and line

Post Likes
    Also used honeywell thermostat. Utilized the u1 relay for an extra stage of heat.

Hp
    Elec 1 / w1
    Elec 2 / w2

Hp defrost ties to w1

Post Likes
    Unless there is a particular reason the OD unit has to be placed in that configuration ( code? ) I would have turned the unit 90 degree CCW, would eliminate one 90 degree turn in the vapor line and LL, less use of sealtite, power wires, and tubing and armaflex, I would have installed drier by AH, le$$ labor time, just my opinion,...and an even cleaner look. Do like the use of soft drawn tubing on the LL outside and inside. Still would have the same amount room to access unit electrical.

Looks like a nice clean install thou....

Post Likes
    Thats how the old one was installed. You had to kneel down though because you’d hit the deck. I did spin it but, didn’t like it.

Post Likes
    Your units you post looks nice, I tend to look at jobs as a Contractor ( which I am, not much more than a one man show and paying the bills ) and to a degree a Tech. To me anyway having it turned ( condensing unit ) would have saved me time, as they say time is money, plus the reduction in materials and even refrigerant used ( as was mentioned ) granted it's not a lot of reduction in material but it adds up, along with the extra time involved.

Also some Contractors/ Techs. like to use hard drawn tubing in some areas of a install, which require more torch use, more braze, exchanging acetylene/oxygen $ooner than later, more nitrogen use, more elbow$ needing braze, potential for more leaks. Soft drawn tube using a bender whenever possible for me for sure on Residential units anyway.

To me anyway that's one difference between how a Contractor thinks and a Tech. working for a Contractor thinks. I'm not comparing myself to you, just talking in general terms.

I also take pride in my installs, but more to keep call backs to a absolute minimum during the labor warranty period, ( as being not much more than a one man band ) I'm the one going out as during call backs my profit margin decreases, whereas a Tech. Working for a Contractor gets paid.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joe; 12-06-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Post Likes
    pipe and cable right up there to my standard! the duct sealant ruins it , Id recommend cover with very nice foil tape job
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Ive used foil tape and a squigge before.

Post Likes
    Nice to see the Appion kit and micron gauge in use!

11. Likes gravity liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'd have moved the HP out further from the wall, for more Air flow, & Ease of Service.

Trane didn't call for a Condensate trap?

And what's up with the DHW, with it's covers off, & the PVC Relief Valve piping? Other than that, ... Graivity it looks Outstanding!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    I'd have moved the HP out further from the wall, for more Air flow, & Ease of Service.

Trane didn't call for a Condensate trap?

And what's up with the DHW, with it's covers off, & the PVC Relief Valve piping? Other than that, ... Graivity it looks Outstanding!
    8” from wall to pad. I can use a drill to get screws off the cover .

No for the trap as it is positive pressure.

No clue about the WH. Not my doing

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Nice to see the Appion kit and micron gauge in use!
    Ive been using 1 hose lately on small tonnage units and micron gauge furthest away. She pulled down to 78 microns

Post Likes
    Looks good where it's at. If you spun it 90° the RV, OD TXV would end up against the wall and a B!tch to service.

Post Likes
    ^^^^agreed. Everything looks amazing but I’d have to agree the mastic kinda takes back a little. It looks good but not great as the rest of the install is. I avoid using mastic on the outside but when I absolutely have to I use painters tape to make my lines clean. Also if tape is done right it’s “ok” but I like the look of almost bare metal. Great job man. Those people are either really smart or really lucky to have you install their unit for them!!!

Post Likes

Did a quality check on her today. Homeowner said it was blowing cooler air. I set the stat for 2* deadband for 2nd and 3rd stage heaters when i installed. Discharging 93* air with 28* oat. Thermostat at setpoint and finishing with hp on. No issues found. Pretty much at its balance point

Post Likes
    Did you remove the salt spray guard from the CU?

Post Likes
    Didn’t have one

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in