Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Thanks pumpdown
    U might have missed I came to this job site to find other end of evap open on floor .
    Tech had said he thought tubes were dirty due to low evap.shutdown guy before me opened up .
    I cleaned and put in service .
    45 days later under full load low evap shut down tech came in I dont know what led to putting camera into waterbox but he did and claimed broken baffle
    contractor came back with 10,000 quote to pull /weld and replace broken baffle ! Raised Red Flags
    I was not here for troubleshooting.
    My boss came to me to see if i could do the work in house.
    i think u can look at my profile if u want and are welcomed to do so as far as training should be enough.

My job was to pull the piping the box and then weld whatever was broke and replace it. I could do this in my back yard when I was 15 .not a problem
    When I opened I found nothing wrong I didnt want to close if any possibility existed that a gasket was under the baffle . I had questions on weather trane has maybe a o ring grove between the baffle that i wouldnt see unless I pulled the box could not see gasket ends . I couldn't find a part number in trane info so didnt know what to expect. (was answered here no gasket ) I had few choices 1 call my hall see if anyone was familiar with models waterbox on this side.( no one was) still haven't seen a pic on net anywhere lots of yorks and mcquay which i have seen before.
    or pull the box that is rusted in place for 30 years . Didnt want to be drilling out bolts all week .
    So I came here and find someone that had taken this side of this model off .
    I tried to explain ! im sure its long and Im sorry Im a misfit when it comes to writing these boards so I rarely do couldn't find answers so I asked to save myself from going further into this for no reason . thank You

Post Likes
    If it’s a 2 pass it’s pretty easy to troubleshoot a pass divider leak without ever pulling a head. At least one that would cause enough trouble to worry about. Any good chiller tech should be capable of that. I question not your efforts but those before you. Get a full load data log or at least as close as you can get and that will tell the tale.
    Superheat, that must be REALLY hot.

Post Likes
    Thanks , Changes of ownership ,management and purpose in this bld over 5 years It has had a full staff change to just a empty bld and engineer staff to being repurposed that idea was dropped empty then this buyer and a non mechanical staff . i was brought in as I did my steam apprenticeship here a long long time ago and spent my career as engineer/ mechanic .
    Heaven knows who has been in and out ,what info was given to the tech , was there a cap on spending
    no blame man ,Im happy not to have pull anything more off of it . Given the estimated weight and layout of work area a safe lift would be tight
    I dont move that fast with fake hips either
    Thank You again , Happy Holliday

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by seamoose View Post
    Thanks , Changes of ownership ,management and purpose in this bld over 5 years It has had a full staff change to just a empty bld and engineer staff to being repurposed that idea was dropped empty then this buyer and a non mechanical staff . i was brought in as I did my steam apprenticeship here a long long time ago and spent my career as engineer/ mechanic .
    Heaven knows who has been in and out ,what info was given to the tech , was there a cap on spending
    no blame man ,Im happy not to have pull anything more off of it . Given the estimated weight and layout of work area a safe lift would be tight
    I dont move that fast with fake hips either
    Thank You again , Happy Holliday
    At this point I have to say oh it’s one of those jobs. Been there. Not the best of places to be in but hey it’s work all the same. Document everything. Remember, chillers ain’t rocket science. What goes in must come out and what comes out must go somewhere. It’s really all math when you get down to it. If it don’t add up then there’s a problem. Solve for the problem.
    Superheat, that must be REALLY hot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12