Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Wait a minute .....
    Ok I'm ready ....
    I'm not going to argue. Soft solder and produce does not work well together. I have replaced many txv's and distributors that were installed with soft solder. Granted, I don't know if it was regular Stay Brite or Stay Brite 8. Still, soft solder. A talented torch can use 15% and never overheat a valve.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Not talking about overheating on install I’m talking about ease of removal down the road when needed!

Post Likes
    I remember one time when Moby Dick was a minnow. I was installing a new TEV on a center mount evaporator. The distributor had what seemed like a dozen cap tubes. Well before long three or four of them popped out and that was the beginning of a long night.
    Talk about being under pressure with a walkin full of pizza dough.
    I have come a long way since that day.

Post Likes
    I remember one time when Moby Dick was a minnow. I was installing a new TEV on a center mount evaporator. The distributor had what seemed like a dozen cap tubes. Well before long three or four of them popped out and that was the beginning of a long night.
    Talk about being under pressure with a walkin full of pizza dough.
    I have come a long way since that day.
    I guess Moby Dick had never heard of a wet rag....And nowadays, with the gels and heat blocks, not overheating valves is a thing of the past. If we could just teach techs on how to not use too much solder or brazing rod, there would be world peace
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I guess Moby Dick had never heard of a wet rag....And nowadays, with the gels and heat blocks, not overheating valves is a thing of the past. If we could just teach techs on how to not use too much solder or brazing rod, there would be world peace
    I knew about the rags but only had a Turbo torch and that wet rag stole all my heat.
    Now I use this and I'm in and out lickety-split.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Not talking about overheating on install Im talking about ease of removal down the road when needed!
    Sporlan Q or BQ valve. Sweat it in once...never comes out again. Replace heads and cartridges at will.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

7. Likes icy78 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Sporlan Q or BQ valve. Sweat it in once...never comes out again. Replace heads and cartridges at will.

👍

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icy78 View Post
    Why run it without guages on? It was a disaster. Id want all the info i could get in a short amount of time, esp at 70 ambient and no fan and hot box.
    Run it just long enough to verify it pumps or not. But not for 20 min with no fan and no guages. If the valves arent baked, you could know pretty quick if youre undercharged, or txv issue/restriction. Now you dont know any of that.
    My point is that you have no idea of the condition of that system and you need to use all the tools, to collect info fast, and get a diagnoses. Forget putzing around feeling pipes and guessing. At least until you get to pecmsg status (Hes not doing much guessing, theres alot of experience there )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icy78 View Post
    Why run it without guages on? It was a disaster. Id want all the info i could get in a short amount of time, esp at 70 ambient and no fan and hot box.
    Run it just long enough to verify it pumps or not. But not for 20 min with no fan and no guages. If the valves arent baked, you could know pretty quick if youre undercharged, or txv issue/restriction. Now you dont know any of that.
    My point is that you have no idea of the condition of that system and you need to use all the tools, to collect info fast, and get a diagnoses. Forget putzing around feeling pipes and guessing. At least until you get to pecmsg status (Hes not doing much guessing, theres alot of experience there )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your Gods law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    As far as a more comprehensive way to diagnose a system, get into the habit of checking everything every time. Unless the system is critically charged, there really is no reason not to throw your gauges on the system. Diagnosing/fixing equipment correctly on the first visit makes everyone a winner. Customer is happy and builds trust in you as a tech and trust in the company you work at. Misdiagnosis, or an incomplete diagnosis may make you and the company you work for, look inept. Second and third calls are going to be treated as warranty and someone will be eating the labor. Better to spend an extra hour verifying everything on the first visit than having to come back.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    I knew about the rags but only had a Turbo torch and that wet rag stole all my heat.
    Now I use this and I'm in and out lickety-split.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234