Thread: Distech Help!

Post Likes

Distech Help!

New to distech and got stuck on a older site with ECC-VAV controllers that I need to make changes to. I believe this can be done through a wizard in AX? While onsite I have no access to the Jace that is there, so I made a test station thinking I could use WB on the laptop and just wire directly to the controller. I added a test controller to the station and opened the wizard. When I click launch I get client application not found? Is it looking for a controller file? Can you upload a config file in a ECC-VAV? Can you just discover it ,and then match it, and use the wizard? Not sure what the next step would be? Thanks

Post Likes
    Sounds like you don't have the ECC-VAV plugin installed or it's not installed correctly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    Sounds like you don't have the ECC-VAV plugin installed or it's not installed correctly.
    The plugin is installed and will launch when clicked on in the nav tree. This is a test controller dragged from the palette. My laptop isn't connected to any field controller. I guess the base question starting from the beginning is if I was to walk up to a stand alone ECC-VAV controller with no bus connected to it how would I commission it? I assumed that I could make a station discover the controller using my usb stick, add it to the database and use the wizard from there? Not sure if I'm making sense? This controller is actually connected to a JACE but I don't have any station passwords for access. I know how to get station access for sure, but it's a sticky situation I'm in. So was hoping to make the small changes to the VAV controllers that has been requested at the controller level and wire the bus back up when done and move on.

Post Likes
    I'm not sure that you can directly connect to Lon Distech products.
    I've done very little to be honest, but we always used a JACE with a Lon interface in the office for off site programming & commissioning.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezerGeezer View Post
    I'm not sure that you can directly connect to Lon Distech products.
    I've done very little to be honest, but we always used a JACE with a Lon interface in the office for off site programming & commissioning.
    Yes I have done very little distech myself. But I have connected to ECL controllers many times with a running station on my laptop, and a USB Lon adapter. Have to run 32bit workbench is one catch. The ECC-VAV is a controller I never worked on so got me a little confused at this point

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    The plugin is installed and will launch when clicked on in the nav tree. This is a test controller dragged from the palette. My laptop isn't connected to any field controller. I guess the base question starting from the beginning is if I was to walk up to a stand alone ECC-VAV controller with no bus connected to it how would I commission it? I assumed that I could make a station discover the controller using my usb stick, add it to the database and use the wizard from there?
    Almost. There is something messed up with Distech’s support pack in latter versions of workbench. If you try to launch the wizard while dragging it in from the discover window, it will generate a bunch of errors. Instead, you need to duplicate or copy a controller from an existing station and then comission the device with a service pin or typing in neuron ID. After commissioning, do an upload on the controller to grab all the config values and then you can launch the wizard.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    Almost. There is something messed up with DistechÂ’s support pack in latter versions of workbench. If you try to launch the wizard while dragging it in from the discover window, it will generate a bunch of errors. Instead, you need to duplicate or copy a controller from an existing station and then comission the device with a service pin or typing in neuron ID. After commissioning, do an upload on the controller to grab all the config values and then you can launch the wizard.
    Thanks for the reply. The site is 3.5 ver I do know that, are you saying the proper method would be use a 3.5 ver station that you know has the correct support pack for that version of WB and then follow your described method? The bad part is I have no 3.5 version stations anywhere. This looks like a case where the customer will need to fight the cause with the other contractor to add us as a admin user to access the tools needed. Thanks for the help!

Post Likes
    Almost. There is something messed up with DistechÂ’s support pack in latter versions of workbench. If you try to launch the wizard while dragging it in from the discover window, it will generate a bunch of errors. Instead, you need to duplicate or copy a controller from an existing station and then comission the device with a service pin or typing in neuron ID. After commissioning, do an upload on the controller to grab all the config values and then you can launch the wizard.
    Thanks for the reply. The site is 3.5 ver I do know that, are you saying the proper method would be use a 3.5 ver station that you know has the correct support pack for that version of WB and then follow your described method? The bad part is I have no 3.5 version stations anywhere. This looks like a case where the customer will need to fight the cause with the other contractor to add us as a admin user to access the tools needed. Thanks for the help!

Post Likes
    Any version is fine, but that said, trying to manipulate a lon device attached to another station will end up causing more problems. Is the issue that you do not have an administrator station password in order to launch the wizard?

Post Likes
    I think you can get a demo version of OpenLNSCT for free which will run one database with 5 devices.
    Create a network, add ECC-VAV and commission (Upload settings when you commission)
    You will need to run smart installer and install ECC-VAV plugin first.

Post Likes
    Any version is fine, but that said, trying to manipulate a lon device attached to another station will end up causing more problems. Is the issue that you do not have an administrator station password in order to launch the wizard?
    Yes currently I have no station access at all. I do know how to add myself! But not sure this is the situation that I want to go down that road. Agreed after thinking about it my idea is flawed considering bindings and other issues I could cause. I really want access to the jace, and to work from there. That's going to be my best bet. Thanks again