Post Likes

90% furnace alot of Sediment in condensate trap

Hey guys I have a 90% furnace that is only one and a half years old today I got called out and found a condensate trap inside the furnace filled with sediment also the collector box outlet to the trap was plugged shot I checked the gas pressure that is fine but I noticed the flu pipe is 38 feet over its maximum allowed distance I have seen furnaces go out on high limit and even roll out when the flu pipe is either too small or too long of a run just wondering if anyone else has ran into a situation like this I am pretty sure the build up in the secondary heat exchanger is do too the flu pipe being too small and too long

Post Likes
    Make and model?

Realize that this could be normal as this is from the outside air being drawn through the hx and then mixed with the condensation.
    Also, some furnace heat exchangers start to fail and this is the first place you will find the "debris" from it.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Could it be from something making a nest in the exhaust such as a wasp nest? Does the exhaust slope to or away from the unit?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Rheem r9270k btu flu slopes toward furnace but flu size is deffinetly to small