Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Ahh..good old Master Bilt...

Dont have anything good to say about them. If that condenser fan motor goes bad, Good Luck!! You will be ordering it.
    Been down that road before on a Saturday evening at 8pm LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bworth74 View Post
    Ok so update from yesterday sorry for delay. After clearing the ice and letting it pull back down to temp superheat at txv was 22. Box temp -3F. Adjusted txv open and it would not lower superheat even open all the way. So, I decided to pull the charge evacuate and recharge with R448A so I would know the right refrigerant is installed. After doing so and letting system pull back down superheat at txv was 3. Box temp -4. Had to close txv 1/2 turn to maintain 10 degrees superheat at Txv. Set box temp to -10 and went back on roof. Checked compressor superheat and it was 50 degrees. Looked very good. Not sure if installer installed r404a inside the system but there is a temp difference between the two that would cause Txv to act up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i think Set box temp to -10 is very dangerous

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bworth74 View Post
    Ok so update from yesterday sorry for delay. After clearing the ice and letting it pull back down to temp superheat at txv was 22. Box temp -3F. Adjusted txv open and it would not lower superheat even open all the way. So, I decided to pull the charge evacuate and recharge with R448A so I would know the right refrigerant is installed. After doing so and letting system pull back down superheat at txv was 3. Box temp -4. Had to close txv 1/2 turn to maintain 10 degrees superheat at Txv. Set box temp to -10 and went back on roof. Checked compressor superheat and it was 50 degrees. Looked very good. Not sure if installer installed r404a inside the system but there is a temp difference between the two that would cause Txv to act up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thank you

Post Likes
    You could have raised that evaporator superheat to 4-6 °
    and called it good.
    10 is more for a cooler.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    You could have raised that evaporator superheat to 4-6 °
    and called it good.
    10 is more for a cooler.
    and the pump will be happier!