Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Ive found with Traulsen freezers insert the sensor with the wires facing down. Keeps moisture from getting in and freezing.

I do that with all sensors now!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Ive found with Traulsen freezers insert the sensor with the wires facing down. Keeps moisture from getting in and freezing.

I do that with all sensors now!
    Why didn't you tell me that last week !
    So I'll be going back within a year ? I did a monkey see, monkey do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Why didn't you tell me that last week !
    So I'll be going back within a year ? I did a monkey see, monkey do.
    You Screwed Up..........................

You Trusted Me!

Post Likes
    I should've done a screwed down it sounds like!

Post Likes
    Hey OP, I would be interested in the Mfrg name. I like to see stuff on my own..

Depending,what is the Mfrg limit for the highest ambient temp for running their units in the heating mode??

Post Likes
    York thermistors for the last while have been utter garbage. I wasn’t too happy when I had to patch crushed and split condenser tubes on an rtu that had already had the coil sensors replaced. Unit goes into defrost, says holy coil is hot, go back into heat mode. Then the coil freezes and the ice crushes the tubes.

To top it off those sensors aren’t exactly free... neither is the bill to the customer for fixing a coil and charging a dozen pounds of juice...

Post Likes
    So....

Any Update?

Post Likes
    Definitely line size problems.

I would have trapped the lines even if the mfg said no.

System 1 seemed oil logged in cooling mode. Thats why the SH was low.

Heres what i would do.

Install an icm333 with icm380(pressure transducer). Change the CFM to a ball bearing type.

Set the icm333 to maintain 365psi

Run the system in cooling mode. With the icm333 cycling, I would add gas until my discharge line temp was around 165*. And see what the compressor sh looks like.

Monitor operation with icm cycling.
    Take the icm out of play and monitor operation and see what the discharge line temp and compressor sh does.

Numbers id like to see at all times in ac mode

140-165* discharge line temp
    Compressor sh range from 18-25*
    Compressor suction temp no more than 65*

Verify txv and eev functional and no strainers clogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Every condenser has a total !ine lenght requirement. The compressor doesnt care are how long the line lenght is But the size of what the compressor capacity is does. When you add oil to a long line system the compressor body can only hold so much oil, at some part of the run cycle all the oil will come back to the COMPRESSOR, have to much bye bye compressor.

Post Likes
    You must also add extra oil for added length. Manufacturers might not say so but, you really need to. Liebert is good about telling you how much oil.

If what i said above doesnt help, i would strongly consider adding a oil seperator in the condenser. Very easy to do, just cost money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You've got 90 feet of lift.

That will have tremendous impact on valve performance. Add ports at the evap and check whats happening there.

If its logged Evaps as was eluded to by you co-worker, Id be curious what if any performance changes you would see if you rechecked cooling after having tested the heat mode. As running in heat would have forced the oil out of the evap.

Post Likes
    I agree with the above. with 220 head in cooling, sounds like your low ambient kit isn't functioning, or is set wrong.

be careful with adding oil though. especially if you don't have traps. the reason manufacturers are saying you don't need traps with 410A is because POE and 410 are supposed to be 100%miscible. however, in reality, the debate is lively...…..

verify you sensors and transducers are reading correctly.

also, I would think about adding a LL solenoid to keep refrigerant from moving around in the system while off.....unless the EEV is 100% close off without any type of bleed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12