+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Johnson Controls Metasys Launcher Issues

Post Likes

Johnson Controls Metasys Launcher Issues

I just had a customer upgrade their Metasys system to like version 9.0.0.4256. They asked me to log into their system, and look at some things today. My launcher prompted me to upgrade to the latest version. It began downloading, and everything went through normally. I have attempted the launch Metasys numerous times on 4 different computers with no success. The Metasys screen comes up like it going to take me to the page, but I get a error that states ApplicationRunner Error "class java.net.SocketException:Connection reset". I have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the launcher. I have tried a single site connection using the resource files. I have turned my firewall OFF. I have attempted to use version 1.6 and version 1.7 launcher without any success. The customer claims that everything is working on site, but I am trying to access the site remotely. I tried deleting the site from launcher and readding it through discovery, and everything comes into launcher correctly.

On my older laptops I was getting a different error about not having the language packages that I need. It is claiming I need some language installation tool that it looks like I can't get.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks for the help!
    J. King

Post Likes
    J,
    Have you tried using the resource files on the website? Download them and put them under the right directory. It saves you downloading resource files from the metasys server.
    https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/buil...tasys-launcher

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dx9100 View Post
    J,
    Have you tried using the resource files on the website? Download them and put them under the right directory. It saves you downloading resource files from the metasys server.
    https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/buil...tasys-launcher
    Yes I have tried downloading those files. When reading the instructions it made it seem like I should put them in ProgramData\Johnson Controls\Launcher\resources\ui. Then it mentioned saving them in a folder named 10.4.0.1601 as an example. Does that sound like the right directory to you? I have even tried booting this from a single site connection where the .exe exists within the resource file directory. When I am using the launcher on some of my computers it seems like it has all of the files it needs, and it boots the Metasys box like it is loading. However the box remains on my screen for a few minutes and shows that Socket fault.

Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J. King

Post Likes
    Do the other 4 pcs have clean launcher installed? I mean first time install.
    On your laptop, I wonder if your launcher was still referring to the old java files associated with last version.
    I suggest you uninstall the launcher, remove all remaining files, then re-install it. Do you have problem accessing other 9.0 sites or older sites on your laptop?

Post Likes
    Do the other 4 pcs have clean launcher installed? I mean first time install.
    On your laptop, I wonder if your launcher was still referring to the old java files associated with last version.
    I suggest you uninstall the launcher, remove all remaining files, then re-install it. Do you have problem accessing other 9.0 sites or older sites on your laptop?
    1 of the PCs I tried it on was a brand new install of launcher. I have the same issue on that computer. I have uninstalled launcher using the program removal through Windows. Is there some other things I should try uninstalling/removing manually? This is my first 9.0 site that I have tried connecting to. I could of swore that this was all working a few months ago, but JCI wasn’t finished with the upgrade by that time. I haven’t tried connecting to any old sites yet because they are all local connections. This site I am connecting to right now is the only remote connection I have in my launcher.

J. King

Post Likes
    Try changing the Java memory level in the settings. I have had issues with it being set on high and not connecting to Metasys. I usually have to run it on medium.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDeal View Post
    Try changing the Java memory level in the settings. I have had issues with it being set on high and not connecting to Metasys. I usually have to run it on medium.
    Thanks for the reply. I believe I have messed around with that as well, but I will spend some time trying it again. It almost seems like some sort of memory problem because it freezes, and basically goes into that socket error.

J. King

Post Likes
    my email address is in my profile. You can send me the external link so I can try it on my launcher. I don't need username/password.

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    1 of the PCs I tried it on was a brand new install of launcher. I have the same issue on that computer. I have uninstalled launcher using the program removal through Windows. Is there some other things I should try uninstalling/removing manually? This is my first 9.0 site that I have tried connecting to. I could of swore that this was all working a few months ago, but JCI wasn’t finished with the upgrade by that time. I haven’t tried connecting to any old sites yet because they are all local connections. This site I am connecting to right now is the only remote connection I have in my launcher.

Post Likes
    I just tried low, medium, and high with no success either. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks for the help.

J. King

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    I just tried low, medium, and high with no success either. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks for the help.

The only other mention of this issue that I can find is where the Site bindings were changed causing an issue. The issue exists with Windows 8, 10 and Server 2008 and has to do with changes to the certificate bindings on the ADX. Do you have access to this machine where you can check? Also one other way to see if the issue is with the server is try launching Metasys from one of the NAEs and see if it launches. If it does it isn't your machine.

Post Likes
    The only other mention of this issue that I can find is where the Site bindings were changed causing an issue. The issue exists with Windows 8, 10 and Server 2008 and has to do with changes to the certificate bindings on the ADX. Do you have access to this machine where you can check? Also one other way to see if the issue is with the server is try launching Metasys from one of the NAEs and see if it launches. If it does it isn't your machine.
    That makes sense. They did just upgrade the ADX on this site. So when you say this is an issue with Windows 8, 10, and Server 2008, I assume your referring to the ADX server itself? I can gain access to the machine if needed. So what needs to be done once I am at the machine? I do know the district computers work with launcher. So it might be something between mine and their ADX. We are using a external IP to connect to the ADX in this site.

J. King

Post Likes
    NickDeal,

I think your onto something here. At first I thought it was solely my issue because the customer said he could get it from his home computer off of the district network. Well I just talked with him again, and now he is having the same issue. So I am definitely thinking that this certificate binding issue that you are referring to is very probable. The customer is heading over to the ADX right now, and going to get with their IT group on whether upgrades have been performed on this server. If you have any additional information about what needs to be done with the certificate binding settings that would be appreciated.

Thanks for your input on this, it is appreciated.
    J. King

Post Likes
    J
    i tried the ip and i can bring up the login window with no issues.
    Just make sure you remove all JRE files under your launcher folder (either under programdata or user directory), delete entry in the launcher, reconnect, hopefully it will reload jre files from your website.

good luck.

Post Likes
    J
    i tried the ip and i can bring up the login window with no issues.
    Just make sure you remove all JRE files under your launcher folder (either under programdata or user directory), delete entry in the launcher, reconnect, hopefully it will reload jre files from your website.

good luck.
    I just tried again too, and it works for me now. Basically I talked with the customer today in regards to his ADX and these certificate bindings that NickDeal mentioned. The customer got with IT, and now my connection works too. They never mentioned that they fixed anything, so I didn't update the forum. Once I knew you could get in, I assumed they fixed the problem.

Thank you everyone for the help! It is much appreciated.
    J. King

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in