Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    37
    Post Likes

    Carrier Schematic Search

    Firstly, why is it when you need a schematic and try searching carriers website it seems like they are too embarrassed to acknowledge the existence of the unit you’re working on and provide no literature. Looking for a schematic from an older than the hills heatpump, model 50DG502333. Found a little indication that this unit was wired at the factory in 1978. any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Visalia California 93291
    Posts
    7,277
    Post Likes
    Embarrassed, it’s obsolete....are you talking about HVAC Partners or Carrier Resudential .com....if you are a contractor and have access to Partners, contact your rep...if it’s Carrier Residential, they don’t have obsolete data

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    37
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    I figured it was obsolete. Seems to be the word of the year! I was checking carriers website.i am a contractor, but not sure if we have an account with hvac partners. I will look into it. Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,999
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombboy90 View Post
    Looking for a schematic from an older than the hills heatpump, model 50DG502333. Found a little indication that this unit was wired at the factory in 1978. any help would be appreciated.
    Two things, put an email address in your profile and confirm the model number after the 50DG*******

    I will see what I can dig up.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    37
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    Two things, put an email address in your profile and confirm the model number after the 50DG*******

    I will see what I can dig up.

    Thanks.

    Email address added. Unfortunatly I cannot confirm the model number due to having no informational tag on this unit. I found those numbers on the door and that’s all I can find so far

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a tree looking in your window
    Posts
    1,553
    Post Likes
    Isn't that an old package heat pump? I think the last antique Carrier package heat pump I worked on was R-500
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    37
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Isn't that an old package heat pump? I think the last antique Carrier package heat pump I worked on was R-500
    It’s from 1978. I wanted the customer to replace and had it on a list, now I’m stuck with the antique

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a tree looking in your window
    Posts
    1,553
    Post Likes
    is it R-22? as I recall back in the old days Carrier made a bunch of rooftops that were R-500, I remember guys not catching it and filling them with R-22. Doesn't help you with your wiring problem but if you dont have a name plate you may want to be aware of the possibility
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,999
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombboy90 View Post
    Email address added. Unfortunatly I cannot confirm the model number due to having no informational tag on this unit. I found those numbers on the door and that’s all I can find so far
    Check your email. I sent you a couple pdf's.

    The model number you sent looks like a "Product Number".

    One last thing: Get that application in to get "PRO" status. You will not be disappointed.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    37
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post

    One last thing: Get that application in to get "PRO" status. You will not be disappointed.
    I applied for it, haven’t heard anything in while...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.