Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Consider where Mitsubishi is made. And how many fuses they buy.
    I had to order fuses from Mitsubishi to replace some that took a hit from an electrical spike. The fuses in the Mitsubishi are a different physical size than typical automotive fuses. I also replaced an inline fan motor.
    The spike took down the buildings surge suppression and caused $10k damage to the elevator system. The bill for repairing one of about 6 ductless systems was small by comparison.
    I've got a 1960's cargo elevator at work that needs a $140k refit right now. I'll trade you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaky6 View Post
    I've got a 1960's cargo elevator at work that needs a $140k refit right now. I'll trade you.

I'm happy to say it's not my building or my elevator.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    It's a nightmare. The building was literally built around this elevator and its SOL.

Post Likes
    Well no joy. It ran for a day and then blew the same fused. Error code for communication error. Control board failure?

Post Likes
    What is the indoor and outdoor unit model # ? And what fuses blew? F1 and F2 I would assume...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaky6 View Post
    Well no joy. It ran for a day and then blew the same fused. Error code for communication error. Control board failure?

Funny story, I spoke with a manufacturers service manager one time. In that conversation he told me around 70% of the warranty boards they got back that were reported as no good, were actually fine. And just a victim of poor diagnosis. He also thought it was amusing that many folks were quick to blame the electronics for problems that actually existed elsewhere in the system.
    So no, your board is probably ok.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Typically power comes in on L1 and L2 and it turns around and goes through a fuse and out S1 and S2 to feed the indoor unit. Power on S1 and S2 goes through a inverter board and gets turned into dc to power the motor, vanes and anything else in the unit.

So depending on the actual fuse that blew I would suspect the indoor unit or something in the wiring.

A model number and fuse that blew would be helpful to give a 100% answer...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Funny story, I spoke with a manufacturers service manager one time. In that conversation he told me around 70% of the warranty boards they got back that were reported as no good, were actually fine. And just a victim of poor diagnosis. He also thought it was amusing that many folks were quick to blame the electronics for problems that actually existed elsewhere in the system.
    So no, your board is probably ok.
    I'm thinking you're probably right. That circuit connects from the noise filter board and then sends a fused 3 wire signal to the indoor unit. Really the only thing it does with the main control board is use fuse holders and a serial port. I need to diagnose it from the serial port to the indoor unit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrdworkingacguy View Post
    Typically power comes in on L1 and L2 and it turns around and goes through a fuse and out S1 and S2 to feed the indoor unit. Power on S1 and S2 goes through a inverter board and gets turned into dc to power the motor, vanes and anything else in the unit.

So depending on the actual fuse that blew I would suspect the indoor unit or something in the wiring.

A model number and fuse that blew would be helpful to give a 100% answer...
    PUZ- A42NHA2, ser # 8YU00165A

Indoor unit is a PCA-A42KA ser # 05A00643C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12