Post Likes

Absolutaire MUA water treatment issue

So I service this unit monthly and I flush out the pan every time with a water hose, its difficult to flush fully due to 1/2" outlet so I'll some times vacuum it to get the sediment. Its on a flush valve that flushes periodically. I also put MK-47 pan tabs every few months (I should do it monthly). We use portacool pumps and they keep getting eaten up, this is the second failure in 2 years. Any ideas or recommendations? Also has a OneFlow cartridge filter for the water supply that I change out once a year per manufacture.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    I would have the domestic water makeup checked, be also good to know how much makeup water you use. This will help you decide the best way to chemically treat or how often. The fill on the surface looks clean and basin looks clean. How does it look when dirty? how is the MUA condition over all and will the cost of more aggressive chemical treatment plan benefit the customer as apposed to what you are doing now. Maybe a better pump is all you need.

Post Likes
    I have two of these on my site and they are a headache. I've had the same problem with pump longevity and we use little giants which get about the same two or so years lifespan. We put a filtration system and automated blowdown on that stupid little 1/2" outlet as well and the pumps still die. The next time this pump dies, I think I will invest coin in something stainless and see how it goes because the water somehow eats the exterior of the pumps and turns it into a jelly substance. One of the two has a hot water coil that is unused so I may just pipe some chilled water to it and call it good. The pads scaled so bad before we put the filtration system on that we had to put a temporary downstream filter and change out the pads. It sounds like you are on top of the maintenances which is great. Most of our problems were maintenance related at first like the scaling but now that we have it scheduled monthly, things are better. I think an upgrade on the pump is in order and if you don't mind, please share what pump you ended up getting.