Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I worked in Huston in the late 70's. Lime was a major problem with ice makers i see it hasn't gotten better.

Your probably correct 1 or 2 extra maintenance schedules a year is needed!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VanMan812 View Post
    We use a filter company that is somewhat local. We give them the application and the water test results and they recommend a filter system. So no, I can’t really say what you would need.

Just a thought... A Manitowoc tech support guy told me that the green cleaner actually hurts the nugget machines. Not sure which cleaner your using or if it would effect the bearing. Now that I think about it I remember him saying something about it hurting the evap barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I use what the IOM says, the yellow stuff. Part #000000084.

I'll have to call our water filter company and see what they suggest.
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

3. Likes VanMan812 liked this post
    Post Likes
    There is a reason nugget/flake ice machines cost more to buy and lots more to maintain and warranty is less. Manitowoc is known for good cube ice machines. Not so much for flakers. Factory water filters are normally 5 micron with carbon and a "scale" inhibitor. You cannot filter out hardness just things floating in the water. Should help protect seal.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDoctorII View Post
    There is a reason nugget/flake ice machines cost more to buy and lots more to maintain and warranty is less. Manitowoc is known for good cube ice machines. Not so much for flakers. Factory water filters are normally 5 micron with carbon and a "scale" inhibitor. You cannot filter out hardness just things floating in the water. Should help protect seal.
    If the decision to purchase them had been up to me, I wouldn't have purchased them if I knew then what I know now. But, that's ice water under the bridge at this point. After providing water test data from our local water authority and the model number of the machine to Pentair/Everpure, they have recommended this filter system. I have one of these systems with a pre-filter and two cartridges on one of our big cubers and it seems to do a pretty good job. The filters aren't exactly cheap, but neither is replacing the evaporator assembly.

https://www.pentair.com/content/dam/...Spec-Sheet.pdf
    With your chrome heart shining in the sun, long may you run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12