Post Likes

Confused Series 400 refrigerant

Hi there
    I have a weird question regarding saturation temperature for those blend which have 5 degree glide.
    I know that for R22 the condensation process starts at the beginning of the 2/3th of the condenser coil.

Where it is physically located the start of the same process in the case of refrigerant with wide glide?

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    Why would a refrigerant with a glide start condensing at a different point than a refrigerant with no glide?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Why would a refrigerant with a glide start condensing at a different point than a refrigerant with no glide?
    Well, is a mix of refrigerants with different saturation points, which maybe get those saturation points at different times and different physical locations, that is my assumption of course!!!

Post Likes
    So what does it matter?

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko7 View Post
    Well, is a mix of refrigerants with different saturation points, which maybe get those saturation points at different times and different physical locations, that is my assumption of course!!!
    your on the right track despite the non answers others gave.

they know the answer, maybe they think it should be a secret
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    This is off of the Chemours website. Maybe Stan could chime in and learn us something.

In direct expansion systems using positive displacement compressors, the small “temperature glides” of the Freon blends should result in no significant difference in heat transfer performance versus single component refrigerants. In systems with a centrifugal compressor or with a flooded
    evaporator, careful design evaluation of the system should be performed before charging a refrigerant mixture, as the
    composition difference associated with the temperature glide may impact performance. In general, the Freon MP
    blends and Freon 407C are not recommended in these applications.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    you’re really only interested in the dew point on the P/T chart. That’s the point of the first liquid beginning to form at the specific pressure.

Where that physically is located within the condenser isn’t really important, as long as it’s happening within the condenser!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    This is off of the Chemours website. Maybe Stan could chime in and learn us something.
    I think he already has!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    I think he already has!

Post Likes
    Interesting that you picked the condenser over the evaporator for temperature glide conditions.