Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Digital Manifold Backpack...Y or N?

Just picked up a set of Yellow Jackets New Digital Manifold. Went with the P51-860, price point being the main factor. Just ran into URI and saw the backpack that comes with the touchscreen set. Do any of y’all use a backpack to take gauges up on the roof? My AnAlogs always go slung around shoulder. Not sure if I feel comfortable doing that with digitals

Post Likes
    I keep the hook for my gauges on the top handle of my backpack and a bungee around the manifold.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    My digitals hang around my shoulder and hit lots of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    I'm Pondering on Buying My First set of "Digitals", & Weeding out the "Fluff & Scruff", before I invest any $$$$$.

Going up on a Roof, with $500.00 plus in Sensitive equipment, hangin' from my shoulder, & banging it around?

That's Pure Lunacy, & also what supports "Ann Landers" Column, as well as Facebook.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    I'm Pondering on Buying My First set of "Digitals", & Weeding out the "Fluff & Scruff", before I invest any $$$$$.

Going up on a Roof, with $500.00 plus in Sensitive equipment, hangin' from my shoulder, & banging it around?

That's Pure Lunacy, & also what supports "Ann Landers" Column, as well as Facebook.
    Before you buy a manifold, look at all of the smart probe options out there. Fieldpiece and Testo both have some incredible tools and they are inexpensive. Pair them with MeausreQuick, and you can do a lot. They are a lot lighter, easier to use, and you do not loose refrigerant. You do have to use them on a smartphone or tablet, but that is not always a disadvantage as you can do things like trending and reporting.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    I have the fieldpiece probes , they are unbelievable. And the measure quick app makes things so easy.
    Worth every penny!
    And they are cheaper compared to digital manifold.
    The only thing is u need a tee and hose with ball valve for charging.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Before you buy a manifold, look at all of the smart probe options out there. Fieldpiece and Testo both have some incredible tools and they are inexpensive. Pair them with MeausreQuick, and you can do a lot. They are a lot lighter, easier to use, and you do not loose refrigerant. You do have to use them on a smartphone or tablet, but that is not always a disadvantage as you can do things like trending and reporting.

Thanks Jim, ... I will Absolutely look in to that also.

I know that just as in Politics, Religion, & Equipment, ... There are Pros/Cons & Zealots, so, .. I gotta lot of Homework to do.

Thank You Sir!
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eri.tech101 View Post
    I have the fieldpiece probes , they are unbelievable. And the measure quick app makes things so easy.
    Worth every penny!
    And they are cheaper compared to digital manifold.
    The only thing is u need a tee and hose with ball valve for charging.
    I second the Fieldpiece.

I also had the Testo. The Fieldpiece are better. Testos are good. I would be happy if I owned them as long as the Measure Quick app is available for them(the Testo app stinks).

But the FP are a better tool.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    I second the Fieldpiece.

I also had the Testo. The Fieldpiece are better. Testos are good. I would be happy if I owned them as long as the Measure Quick app is available for them(the Testo app stinks).

But the FP are a better tool.
    How long have you had the Fieldpiece probes? No annoying "Why did I even bother getting these things" type of problems?

I'm considering a set to bring myself out of the stone-age.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    How long have you had the Fieldpiece probes? No annoying "Why did I even bother getting these things" type of problems?

I'm considering a set to bring myself out of the stone-age.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    . I've had them about 8 months I would guess. No buyers remorse.

And with MQ they are even better.

I purchased a couple of these Tee fittings. So you can charge a system with the Probes attached.

Also, I post eBay coupons here when I get them. They are great for buying tools like the FP Probes. Or vacuum pumps, Milwaukee and Dewalt tools, etc. There are authorized reputable dealers on eBay. I think I paid about $380 for the full set. Which saved about $100 vs the local supply house.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    . I've had them about 8 months I would guess. No buyers remorse.

And with MQ they are even better.

I purchased a couple of these Tee fittings. So you can charge a system with the Probes attached.

Also, I post eBay coupons here when I get them. They are great for buying tools like the FP Probes. Or vacuum pumps, Milwaukee and Dewalt tools, etc. There are authorized reputable dealers on eBay. I think I paid about $380 for the full set. Which saved about $100 vs the local supply house.
    Funny. An ebay coupon came out today. It's only 10% off but ever but helps.

But it would being the full set down to about $428 from a couple sellers. The kit without the Psychrometer Probes would be about $270.

Code is PHLDAYTEN
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

"One out of 3 Democrat voters is just as stupid as the other two"
    -Said by me

Post Likes
    I never bought something new on fleabay
    How's the warranty work?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I never bought something new on fleabay
    How's the warranty work?

Ditto Ice.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast