Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nothing special

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    I thought about it but the support brackets had to go in first either way and once they were in place I knew that was my best opportunity to seal my duct connections, and no I didn’t screw anything together that you can’t get to right now. Might have to rip some tape but that’s it. I also left the unit disabled until after the clean up was done and screwed wood over the vents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice job. You put a lot a thought and skill into it.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Nice job. You put a lot a thought and skill into it.
    Thank you, I try my best to think ahead and definitely put pride into everything I touch. Even if it’s a old POS haha

Post Likes
    Very nice and clean!

4. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    I didn’t have anymore glue for the insulation and settled for tape but was regretting it after doing so..I hate the way tape looks

I've used 1 1/2" Electrical tape. UV Rated better looking then the cheap plastic with all the writing on it!

Hate wire ties on armor flex

Post Likes
    Don't tell the inspector that.

The top is rocked but they couldn’t get behind it. The drywall stops at the top of the bracket. Is it bad to say that I wanted the unit in place before they put the drywall up.

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Don't tell the inspector that.
    You can see it plain as day that it stops right below the unit. I told the builder that I didn’t have the fire damper access door installed on the supply side or the brackets sealed around the damper yet either and he still called for the inspection and somehow everything passed. I did install them anyways but was surprised they passed it.

Post Likes
    i would have run the low voltage wireing in conduit in case the home owner ever gets nuts with the weed eater and to keep it from being chewd on by the critters and in case it needed to be replaced would be easer to pull a new wire though and looks better

Post Likes
    why is one return air intake behind a door that would mostly block the air going in to it when open?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    why is one return air intake behind a door that would mostly block the air going in to it when open?
    I agree with the conduit, normally I do run it in conduit but it didn’t happen on this job. I split the return between the living room and the master bed. Even with the door open I don’t believe it will affect it enough to hurt anything. I’ve started adding more returns to my installs here lately and always putting one in the master bed, sometimes 3 or 4 throughout the house.

Post Likes
    Looks great! I know you wanted stuff in before the drywallers got there, but surface mounting those brackets for future removal would have been helpful. 15-20 years from now, who knows what size the equipment will be. Shorter and fatter? Longer and skinnier? There's not much room for dimensional changes when it's time to replace, so the drywall will have to be cut up to unscrew the brackets and lower them if necessary.

And, after reading my response, it occurs to me how ticky tack my only negative comment is. Nice work!
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Regarding the returns behind the doors: That's fairly common practice in these parts. When the door is closed the room has a return in it. When the door is open the air can return to the grilles in the main living areas through the open door.
    A Veteran is a person, who at some point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for payment up to and including their life.
    Gene Castagnetti-Director of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific in Hawaii

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doc havoc View Post
    Regarding the returns behind the doors: That's fairly common practice in these parts. When the door is closed the room has a return in it. When the door is open the air can return to the grilles in the main living areas through the open door.
    I told the builder from the start that I didn’t like it, for one not only the install was harder but service work is more of a pain and for future replacement. Every option I offered got turned down so I rolled with it and made the best of it. This particular job would’ve been ideal for 2 wall mount Mitsubishi’s but they didn’t want them...personally I believe that’s where the future is going but for now we can only assume that myself or another company will be cussing me when the unit has to be replaced lol at least I made sure there’s not that “one last screw” that holds up the whole removal process. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions, that’s why I like to post on here, I can never quit learning and drive myself to be better at every job from what I learn.

Post Likes
    I agree with the conduit, normally I do run it in conduit but it didn’t happen on this job. I split the return between the living room and the master bed. Even with the door open I don’t believe it will affect it enough to hurt anything. I’ve started adding more returns to my installs here lately and always putting one in the master bed, sometimes 3 or 4 throughout the house.

That's a good practice i see so many jobs with undersized return or just one return.It's best to have one in every bedroom if not ducted at least a transfer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast