+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing special

Post Likes

Nothing special

It’s nothing to Fancy but I’m proud of it, I hope y’all don’t burn me to bad..

I went with 1.5 ton w/ 2 ton TAM9, I still have a couple touch ups to do on the install. They sent the wrong fire damper brackets so I’m waiting on them. We have a 1 bed/1 bath/ kitchen and living room above garage. I did run a load Calculation, it dialed in on 1.5 tons but I thought going variable speed airflow and helping maintain the CFMs across the bigger coil would give me a little bit more humidity control. It’s the first time I’ve tried this technique but I feel confident about it rather than throwing a extra 1/2 ton “just for the heck of it” the garage is unconditioned space except for a half bath. The main electrical panel is about 10-15 feet from the AH. I paid for the custom metal brackets out of pocket rather than a 2x4 shelf. I also verified with my local inspector that the blower motor housing is acceptable for fire damper access since I had no room and had to mount it so close to the unit. I am aware that this would be a complete pain to replace in the future but the builder left me with no other good options... I tried to think ahead in every way possible but I’m posting this for y’alls thoughts and opinions. Name:  IMG_2755.jpg
Views: 1936
Size:  100.8 KBName:  IMG_2753.jpg
Views: 1976
Size:  137.9 KBName:  IMG_3180.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  157.8 KBName:  IMG_3238.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  54.0 KBName:  IMG_3236.jpg
Views: 1932
Size:  77.6 KBName:  IMG_3241.jpg
Views: 1942
Size:  81.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dbacmc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It is very neat.

Is it your usual practice to connect the primary and secondary drains?

edit- I enlarged the picture and I see the the secondary is not connected. However, it appears the the drain is not trapped. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

And I commend you for not upsizing it “just because.”
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

4. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Very Nice.

What the black shiny tape? on the armor flex?

Post Likes
    What kind of thermostat is that?

Post Likes
    How did it get rocked/taped (top/back) after the fact?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    It is very neat.

Is it your usual practice to connect the primary and secondary drains?

edit- I enlarged the picture and I see the the secondary is not connected. However, it appears the the drain is not trapped. Please let me know if I’m wrong.

And I commend you for not upsizing it “just because.”
    The secondary port has a inline float switch that’s capped off. I do have a trap but was worried it might drip water on his work bench this summer so I insulated the drain line.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Very Nice.

What the black shiny tape? on the armor flex?
    I didn’t have anymore glue for the insulation and settled for tape but was regretting it after doing so..I hate the way tape looks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    What kind of thermostat is that?

Acont624. The 824 is better and the 1050 is the betterest. Great thermostats

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    How did it get rocked/taped (top/back) after the fact?
    The top is rocked but they couldn’t get behind it. The drywall stops at the top of the bracket. Is it bad to say that I wanted the unit in place before they put the drywall up.

Post Likes
    If I had my way, the equipment wouldn’t go in until the drywall was finished. If it’s not there they can’t use it during construction.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    If I had my way, the equipment wouldn’t go in until the drywall was finished. If it’s not there they can’t use it during construction.
    I thought about it but the support brackets had to go in first either way and once they were in place I knew that was my best opportunity to seal my duct connections, and no I didn’t screw anything together that you can’t get to right now. Might have to rip some tape but that’s it. I also left the unit disabled until after the clean up was done and screwed wood over the vents

Post Likes
    Where's the shut off switch for the AH? as the sealtite looks to me anyway to go directly into the AH.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Where's the shut off switch for the AH? as the sealtite looks to me anyway to go directly into the AH.
    The main breaker panel is about 10’ away from the unit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UrAverageAguy View Post
    I thought about it but the support brackets had to go in first either way and once they were in place I knew that was my best opportunity to seal my duct connections, and no I didn’t screw anything together that you can’t get to right now. Might have to rip some tape but that’s it. I also left the unit disabled until after the clean up was done and screwed wood over the vents

Nice job. You put a lot a thought and skill into it.

Post Likes
    Nice job. You put a lot a thought and skill into it.
    Thank you, I try my best to think ahead and definitely put pride into everything I touch. Even if it’s a old POS haha

Post Likes
    Very nice and clean!

19. Likes UrAverageAguy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I didn’t have anymore glue for the insulation and settled for tape but was regretting it after doing so..I hate the way tape looks

I've used 1 1/2" Electrical tape. UV Rated better looking then the cheap plastic with all the writing on it!

Hate wire ties on armor flex

Post Likes
    Don't tell the inspector that.

The top is rocked but they couldn’t get behind it. The drywall stops at the top of the bracket. Is it bad to say that I wanted the unit in place before they put the drywall up.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Don't tell the inspector that.
    You can see it plain as day that it stops right below the unit. I told the builder that I didn’t have the fire damper access door installed on the supply side or the brackets sealed around the damper yet either and he still called for the inspection and somehow everything passed. I did install them anyways but was surprised they passed it.

Post Likes
    i would have run the low voltage wireing in conduit in case the home owner ever gets nuts with the weed eater and to keep it from being chewd on by the critters and in case it needed to be replaced would be easer to pull a new wire though and looks better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in