Thread: Lennox NV LoNox

Post Likes

Lennox NV LoNox

Long time member, haven’t been here for a while. Anyone in Calif. dealing with the new NV furnaces? Here’s a common occurrence.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_0588.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  69.9 KB

More fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Post Likes
    Ouch; I’ve encountered a couple as well. Are you able to fix the heat shield and reuse the graphite gasket? You checking gas pressure after reassembling?

Post Likes
    Heat shield has been hammered back into shape, according to Lennox it's just a sacrificial piece of metal. Graphite gaskets can be re-used if they aren't damaged when you remove the air/fuel plenum to gain access to the inner heat shield. Lennox has problem and they know it. I've worked on quite of few of these and finding issues all around with these. Most common issue is that they fail to sense flame due to corroded flame sensor or it's close to the warped inner heat shield. I've seen high and low voltage wires burned, paper tags on unit browned/blackened from heat and a few water safeties damaged. Going to work on another one today. I have a procedure that I follow that I've kind of refined and it gets them working past their original issues. Personally speaking, I think you're gonna see a fire in a home from one of these, I pray to God it doesn't happen, but take this design with a crappy install and it's bound to happen.