Post Likes

Reznor make up unit

Hello I have a Reznor make up unit, this was previously wired before me and only runs in high fire. This unit has a maxitrol gas valve and is controlled by the AD1010U amplifier. We hooked the d/a sensor to proper terminals. When we start the unit the lights on AD1010U board power red is on and so is relay red on, the green valve never comes on no matter if I turn dial up or down on amplifier (55-90). It is the correct matching D/A sensor. My question is any advice why this only stays in high fire. I did notice on the terminal strip for your low voltage wiring for a stat they do have wires ran to red,green,common,and W1. Should there be no wired to low voltage term strip since we are using da sensor and the amplifier to control just discharge air?

Post Likes
    I ohmed the sensor out before hook up and was reading 5800ohms, specs says should be between 8000-12000.

Post Likes
    The wires on the low voltage terminal strip seem to be coming from a separate starter panel with a summer,winter switch and off/auto switch. I have panel in auto switch and in winter which activates burner light to on

Post Likes
    looks like a bad supply air sensor, when it is open or below set point the maxitrol valve will modulate to high fire. check to see if you have full voltage to the modulating valve and see if it changes when you change the discharge air temp setpoint.

Post Likes
    Thanks, yea the sensor is new and never been used, I always have 0vdc to gas valve no matter where I turn that valve. They did mount the sensor practically in the heat exchanger though, wondering if that hurt the sensor

Post Likes
    I mean turn the d/a set point on the ampliflier

Post Likes
    Any comments or help with the low voltage term strip in unit, does this have to be used?? Not sure why you would use it for a stat when the unit runs constant for fresh air and uses the AD1010U to maintain discharge air.

Post Likes
    If you really have 0 vdc at the gas valve, it should be at low fire. Must be a faulty gas valve.

Post Likes
    Thanks but that is untrue for the amplifier i am using which is an ad1010u series 21 which specs are 17vdc or more is low fire, 0 vdc is high fire.

Post Likes
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.supplyho...t-Overview.pdf

See if it has the optional stat in the space. Disconnect it, play around. Not sure if that model but with the standard maxitrols you could open and short the discharge air sensor for lo/hi fire

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shillman View Post
    Thanks but that is untrue for the amplifier i am using which is an ad1010u series 21 which specs are 17vdc or more is low fire, 0 vdc is high fire.
    Sorry about that, I was assuming it had a Maxitrol MR212D gas valve. What kind of gas valve is it? Have you checked the discharge air sensor, that could be causing the problem.