Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A maintenance

Post Likes
    First mechanical zone control ive seen, whats do if heat and cool get called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

There is a switch on the front panel. You put it in heating/cooling mode via the switch on the front. Then the relay takes over

Post Likes
    You have to physically touch the equipment?! Yuck! That just sounds unsanitary and possibly dangerous - what happens if I cut myself on a sharp edge, then the 1985-era germs, to which I'm surely not immune, get inside of by body?! what then?!

If you can't have Alexa or Siri turn it on for you, or at least through a phone app from the safety of the driver's seat of my car on the highway, I can't imagine any reasonable person using this system.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    You have to physically touch the equipment?! Yuck! That just sounds unsanitary and possibly dangerous - what happens if I cut myself on a sharp edge, then the 1985-era germs, to which I'm surely not immune, get inside of by body?! what then?!

If you can't have Alexa or Siri turn it on for you, or at least through a phone app from the safety of the driver's seat of my car on the highway, I can't imagine any reasonable person using this system.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Its kind of like a a reoccurring calendar event to “check filter”. Then you look and see which light is lit. Green for cooling, red for heating.

Post Likes
    Those are some purty schematics. Not sure the Noobies in the field today would know how to read them, so we should probable just eliminate most of those components. Just run the the thermostat wire to the device; don't need no stinkn' wiggly diagrams.

Seriously though, it really is a treasure to find a quality drawing.

I posted some pneumatic diagrams from several decades ago, before dual input receiver controllers were sold, I think they're pretty cool. Can post them again if you want.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

6. Likes gravity liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Those are some purty schematics. Not sure the Noobies in the field today would know how to read them, so we should probable just eliminate most of those components. Just run the the thermostat wire to the device; don't need no stinkn' wiggly diagrams.

Seriously though, it really is a treasure to find a quality drawing.

I posted some pneumatic diagrams from several decades ago, before dual input receiver controllers were sold, I think they're pretty cool. Can post them again if you want.
    Post away

Post Likes
    Okay, they're white lines on black. Encased (actually, sewn) in plastic envelopes. I'll make a note and try to do it tomorrow eve. Most techs nowadays have never seen things like these.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    Post away

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Here ya go:

Name:  20181205_163509[1].jpg
Views: 49
Size:  74.5 KB

Name:  20181205_163943[1].jpg
Views: 52
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  20181205_164319[1].jpg
Views: 53
Size:  90.8 KB

10. Likes GoCougs liked this post
    Post Likes
    These are pneumatic drawings. Old school. Back before they had dual input receiver controllers. Notice how the branch of one single input receiver controller was used as the main for another single input receiver controller. That's how they did reset (with two inputs) prior to God inventing a dual input receiver controller. Pretty freakin' cool if you ask me.

That's where I cut my eye teeth in this trade, LOL.

Name:  20181205_164348[1].jpg
Views: 50
Size:  103.2 KB

Name:  20181205_164547[1].jpg
Views: 51
Size:  87.6 KB

12. Likes GoCougs liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12