Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 66 to 73 of 73
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenback, Tennessee
    Posts
    957
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Mars, made in the USA.
    Correction: Mars are assembled in the USA. Titan HD and Amrad made in the USA not just assembled in the USA.
    -Marty

  2. #67
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,261
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by m singer View Post
    Correction: Mars are assembled in the USA. Titan HD and Amrad made in the USA not just assembled in the USA.
    Mars uses BMI.

    http://www.bmicaps.com/

  3. #68
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    151
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    i'm wondering if Titan HD are BMI too

  4. #69
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    151
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Anyone know who make TITAN HD capacitors ??

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    8
    Post Likes
    This is a question asked by many beginners. I will give you a simple answer to this question without going into all the details. After reading this, my goal is that you should be able to go and find the capacitor you need right away.

    I have also written about how to choose capacitor values that I recommend you check out.

    Different capacitor types

    Polarization
    First of all, we boil it down to two capacitor types:

    Polarized capacitor
    Non-polarized capacitor
    The difference between a polarized capacitor and a non-polarized capacitor is that the polarized capacitor has a positive and a negative side. So it must be placed with the positive pin where the most positive voltage is. You can place the non-polarized capacitor in any way you want.

    Do you need a polarized capacitor? Or a non-polarized capacitor? To figure this out, look at you schematic diagram. What capacitor symbol is used?

    These are non-polarized capacitors:

    Schematic Symbols Capacitor US Style
    These are polarized capacitors:


    Polarized capacitors
    If you need a polarized capacitor, you need something called an “electrolytic” capacitor. There are two types of electrolytic capacitors:

    Aluminum
    Tantalum
    Aluminum
    The most common is the aluminum capacitors. It is also the cheapest of the two. Aluminum caps usually come as through-hole components. But you can find some surface mount versions of it as well. Choose aluminum caps unless you have any special requirements.

    electrolytic-capacitor

    Tantalum
    If you need a smaller and more durable capacitor, you should choose the tantalum type.

    Tantalum caps are available in small surface mount packages. They can work in a wide temperature range. Note that some tantalum caps come in non-polarized version also.

    Tantalum capacitors



    Non-polarized capacitors
    If you need a non-polarized capacitor, look for either a ceramic or a film capacitor.

    Ceramic caps are small and cheap. It’s the most common choice for non-polarized capacitors. They are often used as decoupling capacitors.

    Ceramic capacitors

    If you have any special requirements like low tolerance, high reliability or a capacitor that is able to operate under high temperatures, then choose a film capacitor. It is much better for this.

    Film caps can be made of polystyrene, polycarbonate or Teflon. They each have their own properties, but that is out of the scope of this page.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    151
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by niamishra View Post
    This is a question asked by many beginners. I will give you a simple answer to this question without going into all the details. After reading this, my goal is that you should be able to go and find the capacitor you need right away.

    I have also written about how to choose capacitor values that I recommend you check out.

    Different capacitor types

    Polarization
    First of all, we boil it down to two capacitor types:

    Polarized capacitor
    Non-polarized capacitor
    The difference between a polarized capacitor and a non-polarized capacitor is that the polarized capacitor has a positive and a negative side. So it must be placed with the positive pin where the most positive voltage is. You can place the non-polarized capacitor in any way you want.

    Do you need a polarized capacitor? Or a non-polarized capacitor? To figure this out, look at you schematic diagram. What capacitor symbol is used?

    These are non-polarized capacitors:

    Schematic Symbols Capacitor US Style
    These are polarized capacitors:


    Polarized capacitors
    If you need a polarized capacitor, you need something called an “electrolytic” capacitor. There are two types of electrolytic capacitors:

    Aluminum
    Tantalum
    Aluminum
    The most common is the aluminum capacitors. It is also the cheapest of the two. Aluminum caps usually come as through-hole components. But you can find some surface mount versions of it as well. Choose aluminum caps unless you have any special requirements.

    electrolytic-capacitor

    Tantalum
    If you need a smaller and more durable capacitor, you should choose the tantalum type.

    Tantalum caps are available in small surface mount packages. They can work in a wide temperature range. Note that some tantalum caps come in non-polarized version also.

    Tantalum capacitors



    Non-polarized capacitors
    If you need a non-polarized capacitor, look for either a ceramic or a film capacitor.

    Ceramic caps are small and cheap. It’s the most common choice for non-polarized capacitors. They are often used as decoupling capacitors.

    Ceramic capacitors

    If you have any special requirements like low tolerance, high reliability or a capacitor that is able to operate under high temperatures, then choose a film capacitor. It is much better for this.

    Film caps can be made of polystyrene, polycarbonate or Teflon. They each have their own properties, but that is out of the scope of this page.
    I didn't ask for anything, and i'm not a beginner !!

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    82
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    I didn't ask for anything, and i'm not a beginner !!
    That's funny. I just read the entire thread and you asked the same question about 5 times and multiple other questions. To make a statement that you didn't ask for anything is crazy.
    "Accidents don't just happen, you were just not paying attention."

  8. #73
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    151
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    funny

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.