Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    OK that makes sense for that diagram

I had another question on the same diagram. I am referring to the potential relay part of the diagram. On the diagram when the 5-2 coils is energized it drops out the start capacitor. That part makes sense. The part I do not understand is the start winding goes to herm on the dual cap and then to common out to terminal 23 on the contractor. To me it looks like the start winding is never dropped out but the start cap is. Basically when I follow the the start winding it goes com>start>herm>com>23. How is the start winding dropped out.

Thanks again

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Noname81 View Post
    OK that makes sense for that diagram

I had another question on the same diagram. I am referring to the potential relay part of the diagram. On the diagram when the 5-2 coils is energized it drops out the start capacitor. That part makes sense. The part I do not understand is the start winding goes to herm on the dual cap and then to common out to terminal 23 on the contractor. To me it looks like the start winding is never dropped out but the start cap is. Basically when I follow the the start winding it goes com>start>herm>com>23. How is the start winding dropped out.

Thanks again
    The *ST (Start Thermistor) or PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient Thermistor), can be used in place of the *SR (Start Relay) and *SC (Start Capacitor).

Both are not used together as the wiring diagram shows. It is just showing you how each would be wired, if installed.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    they are not in parallel to the compressor contactor-they are in series. When one of the safeties opens, the logic in CTD opens that switch. It is pictured as normally open but its actually normally closed and locks out to prevent short cycling.
    Regards Coolairman

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rundawg View Post
    The *ST (Start Thermistor) or PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient Thermistor), can be used in place of the *SR (Start Relay) and *SC (Start Capacitor).

Both are not used together as the wiring diagram shows. It is just showing you how each would be wired, if installed.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12