Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    So that would be $120. an hour?

PHM
    ---------
    it is?

radical man

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MechTech2013 View Post
    Really tho? $60? Last I knew, they were high $40s for Union. Trane was a dollar or so over that.
    Contract Minimum.......

Everyone I know negotiates and receives a higher rate!

Post Likes
    So is this post about Daikin?

Post Likes

Chicago Chiller Tech Needed

This has got to be about Trane. McQuay is union here in Chicago.

I worked for Trane in the past. Pretty good gig, but a good old boys club for sure. More drama then I cared for. That may have changed, its been over 10 years.

But - not sure why it was not mentioned, but Trane pretty much requires a college degree anymore to work for them.

When I was there it was college or X years field experience. Im sure they would accommodate an honest to god Chiller Mechanical, but probably not a general HVAC tech as far as experience goes. But if they’re really hurting, they may bend the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Just verified today, Daikin Applied Service in Chicago is still non-union. So is this what the OP is referring to?

Post Likes
    I just wish it wasnt Chitcongo. No wonder they cant find people. You literally cant pay me to move there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Daikin Applied Service has recently exited the Cleveland, Southern California, & Oklahoma markets. So how are they growing?
    Look for some more soon-to-be ex-Trane franchises to be given the Daikin Applied SAP badge and Daikin Applied Service exiting those markets.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shaky6 View Post
    I just wish it wasnt Chitcongo. No wonder they cant find people. You literally cant pay me to move there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I work in Chitcago, its not bad. But I live 30 miles west in the burbs. Soon to be further, once I find a place of my liking.

The market is booming right now. Everyones busy, thats why help is harder to find then usual. Good help is never easy to get though, but thats true anywhere.

Post Likes
    Good help is EASY to find.

Would be employers only need to post their need by reflecting it in compensation here.

If the employer stands out in compensation, they can easily find stand out employees......that is what the market is demanding.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234