Post Likes

Hmm Hoshizaki 6 beep issue

I was working on Hoshizaki M#KM-901MAH S#D18464C. So long story short. I took over this account. It was going off on 3 beeps. I saw poor water coming into machine, filters not changed in 3 years bypassed the filters till I get new ones. Machine wasn't clean in long time. I gave a good clean, I got back working. And couple days later customer calls going off on 6 beeps. So okay 6 beeps that's an auto reset. But customer waited couple of hr but no reset. So I told him to reset a breaker and machine back online. Works for a day and back to six beeps. Low voltage issue according to Hoshizaki. Go over check the voltage, voltage in the range. In coming voltage 208v, I have 208 across L-1 and L-2. 115V each leg to ground. This unit has a transformer that makes a natural to power up all parts except for compressor I believe. So talk to Hoshizaki they told me to look for loose wires but none found. They also told me that it should reset by itself once the voltage comes back to normal but it does not reset by itself you have to reset the breaker they told me they have not seen that problem before.It doesn't it once in a while, so I don't know if there is low voltage issue or there is something else going on. Has anyone run into this problem before and what was the issue?

Post Likes
    Check for voltage drop on startup

Post Likes
    Either there is a loose connection that vibrates loose during the ice cycle or for some reason the main 208V is dropping at various times. I'd check every singe wire in that machine and also check the breaker. There could also be a voltage drop are various points of the cycle. I'd test power to the board during start up and harvest.

Post Likes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    See the voltage switch …. make sure Its on 208 …. not 230

Post Likes
    Maybe the breaker is making poor contact in the panel and when the comp starts the voltage drops. Had that on a big daiken

Post Likes
    I never knew they had tech support. Good to know