Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    To those who offered sound advice, thank you. I will talk with a local Hvca about your recommendations.

Post Likes
    What does your local code require for ventilation, X# of air changed per hour?

Post Likes
    I finally figured out what yall meant. The person I end up hiring should know what vents I need to install right? Im not going to attempt this myself. I just needed ideas on best types to consider.
    Thank you all again. I appreciate yall taking the time and being patient with my ignorance.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlyn View Post
    Icemaster, my dogs are vaccinated against kennel cough. I have dogs that cost up to 10k. Their health and well being is my highest priority, hence I came here for advice on safe heating. My dogs are multi Best in Show winners and have been to Westminster. I made plain in my original post I am open to any form of safe heating.
    If your intent was I need to add a vent then say so.
    I apologize for assuming too much before providing any advice. As an HVACR contractor with over 45 years of experience, I was merely attempting to add to the ventilation advice given by pecmsg, specific to dog kennels. You shouldn't assume that because the HVAC contractor you select will have any specific knowledge of proper kennel ventilation. My intent, like pecmsg, was to provide some additional suggestions to consider regardless of what type of system you decide upon.

My concern and reason for my reply stems from personal experience of many years ago when I did an job for a local kennel based on the design of a respected mechanical engineer who failed to account for its specific use and applied a standard rate of air exchange. Within a year of operation the kennel was hit with an outbreak of kennel cough which may well have been the result of only one affected animal. As a dog owner myself, it was then that I also learned that vaccinations aren't 100% effective.

Post Likes
    Thank you so much for the advice on that. I appreciate the info. I apologize for taking the information wrongly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12