Thread: Early 2000's Tracer Summit questions

Post Likes

Early 2000's Tracer Summit questions

Hey guys.

I need to take over part of an old Tracer system and wanted a sanity check. I have an AHU feeding a bunch of VAV's. The two UPCM boards are running the AHU and are tied in to BCU via Comm 3/4. The VAV's are tied to the same BCU on Comm 3/4.

I'm not touching the VAV's, yet, just taking control of the AHU. I only found one CPL program on the system and that was to reset the AHU DAT for dehumidification.

So my question and concern is will VAV operation be impacted if the lose communication with the UPCM? The BCU will remain in place until I take over the terminal boxes.

I have an admin level login and password for the system but don't know enough about Tracer to know where to look for any bindings in the system.

On a parallels note, I'm also trying to find where the sensor scales are defined. I can see where the duct static sensor is defined in the system but how is the scaling set up? 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC could be 0-1" or 0-10" WC. Where is that hidden?

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Ken

Post Likes
    The VAS system looks at the discharge temp from the UPCM and sends that to the VAV boxes. Other things like Occupied/Unoccupied run requests are calculated in the VAS and sent to the UPCM.

Post Likes
    the VAV boxes are DC controlled based on demand it sends specific volts to power it open to said position, as to alot of access to specifics with Tracer you'll need specific software to alter anything outside of set points, even with a controls access you are limited to what's already programmed there.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    So I will need a copy of Rover or something else to get in to the details?

Ken

Post Likes
    Yes sir you'll need Rover to look at much anything in depth

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Some of the information can be found by using UPCM edit also. You access that in Summit Tracer on your front end.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Post Likes
    The scaling for the inputs is in UPCM edit. There is a program (range and offset) that tells you how to configure an input for a specific valve. There are also jumpers on the UPCM input card for thermistor/rtd/volts etc.

If the BCU is still online, you can do anything that you would need to for vav configuration through the BCU. You do not need rover. Either go to Setup/unit controls/VAV UCM II/III/IV and then select your vav, or when looking at the graphic for the vav, right click and click on edit UCM. You can change box size, reheat, enable/disable local setpoint, cfm setpoints etc.

Now, once you remove the UPCM, you will need a way to coordinate AHU dat/mode to the boxes. This “should” be done currently via the vas system. If the AHU does not have local heat, it’s not that big of a deal. Main reason is since the boxes don’t have entering air temp sensors, they won’t know if the are being supplied cool air or warm air. If your AHU does have local heat and will be used in a warmup mode, you can keep the UPCM connected to communicate DAT only, or if there is another I/O device somewhere.