Post Likes

Distech EC Net 3.8 Upgrade-Known Glitches or Issues to Check-Newbie

Hi all,
    I am fairly new in the industry and being trained on various software etc; trying to get ahead of issue and thought to come to this forum. You guys are amazing.

I would like to know any feed back on the Distech EC Net 3.8 when upgrading to this software to an existing system, runs on Niagara AX. 1) Is there any do's or don'ts that you are aware before or after install?

2) Also where would be the best way to check the system for errors after install for the best diagnostics.

Thank you very much
    Bob Simon

Post Likes
    Are you saying that you having an existing Niagara install running a version older than 3.8? If so, the answer depends on if the existing system is utilizing Distech controllers or another brand. If it is Distech, you should be good to go without too much trouble. If the site has another brand of controls, you will need to ensure you have the appropriate jar files for that manufacture. Copy the station from the JACE to your PC and run it locally on your PC. If it starts up on your machine, you should have the appropriate jar files. If this is a location your organization inherited from another contractor, I would also recommend documenting any devices that are offline before doing an upgrade.

Post Likes
    Hi JSLLCRLife,
    Yes thank you that is great information., we have a Niagara AX platform and older version of EC Net, and are upgrading to the EC Net 3.8.

Is there a particular application within the new version of EC Net 3.8 where we could do a fully system-to ensure the system has no errors from the upgrade.?

Post Likes
    There is no easy button to check. Each system is unique. You can check the application director but I have seen errors on normally operating systems. As mentioned above make sure if you have any non Distech controllers then make sure you have the equivalent 3.8 jar files for them.

Post Likes
    There is an upgrade process you need to consider. What hardware do you have and what version is it currently at?

Depending on the current version, you may not be able to jump straight to 3.8. If it is a pretty old JACE 404 or 545, I don't think they will even facilitate 3.8.

If you have a newer JACE-2,6,7 for example, those will handle 3.8, but if they were version 3.3 for example, there is a specific path of updates you have to do in order.

Post Likes
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late response we have been with the server upgrade. The following for your view.

Vendor/Model: Tridium Niagara AX Station.
    Recently already upgraded from: 3.5 to Firmware Revision 3.8. 401.
    Application software revision: BCS 3.10.15239.1
    Protocol version: 1
    Protocol Revision: 7

System Controllers range mostly 3.5:

/Drivers/NiagaraNetwork/Citi_NY/Bronx/Citi_NY_BR100 Citi_NY_BR100 Niagara Station Niagara Station ip:169.160.106.237 1911 FALSE NPM3 3.7.106.1
    /Drivers/NiagaraNetwork/Citi_NY/Bronx/Citi_NY_BR101 Citi_NY_BR101 Niagara Station Niagara Station ip:169.160.100.77 1911 FALSE NPM2 3.5.41.1
    /Drivers/NiagaraNetwork/Citi_NY/Bronx/Citi_NY_BR102 Citi_NY_BR102 Niagara Station Niagara Station ip:169.160.101.229 1911 FALSE NPM2 3.5.34
    /Drivers/NiagaraNetwork/Citi_NY/Bronx/Citi_NY_BR103 Citi_NY_BR103 Niagara

Will the controllers have to be upgraded, having some issues with not reconnecting etc.

Thank you for all your help

Post Likes
    I am sorry for the bits and peices, we have mostly JACE 2, 6, some 3 and 8's too.

Post Likes
    One thing with JACE 200s is that theyre really not the best to be putting revisions >3.8.48. With the extra programming modules/services used by Distech or Honeywell, and the JAVA App that comes with 3.111 and greater, these eat up most of your memory if not all.

If youre having com problems after updating all the Jaces modules, Id look at what firmware most of the controllers are at, bet they could use a firmware update and Im pretty sure they have had some in the past year or so for communication fixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk