Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Likes

    Who makes the best replacement gauge set hoses for refrigeration?

    Hello all,
    Newbie here and though I have used my hoses several times since I got my certification I keep losing the rubber seals out of my hose fittings.
    I'd like to find the best I can get to prevent the loss from happening again.
    Thanks in advance for your help!!
    Merlin65

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    336
    Post Likes
    Get a set of JB or YellowJackets with built in ball valves

    Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

  3. Likes BennyD liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Get a set of JB or YellowJackets with built in ball valves

    Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
    Thanks Spitz, I had seen the hoses with ball valves and thought it would be handy to reduce the De Minimus releases to an absolute minimum. Good idea, Thanks again!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3
    Post Likes
    I’d recommend JB as well. The hoses and low loss fittings seem to last much longer than Yellow Jacket.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    5,821
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelb1069 View Post
    I’d recommend JB as well. The hoses and low loss fittings seem to last much longer than Yellow Jacket.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I HATE low loss fitting. Too many instances of them not releasing properly and leaking refrigerant under pressure from the access port. Plus I think they are too bulky. I only use hoses with ball valves.
    What hoses have you been using that have lost the seals? I cannot recall any hoses I’ve owned which have done that.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

    Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/


    There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

  7. Likes Spitz liked this post
  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX.
    Posts
    615
    Post Likes
    I keep a bunch of the o-rings for low loss fittings. They like to disappear from the high side when disconnecting from a 410 system.

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    6,674
    Post Likes
    Are you blowing out the seals or are they getting damaged? The issue may not be the hoses, but the way you are replacing the gaskets.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Are you blowing out the seals or are they getting damaged? The issue may not be the hoses, but the way you are replacing the gaskets.
    Sorry I haven't replied sooner but really sick right now. Kinda wrecks Thanksgiving when you can hardly breathe.
    The company bought this set of gauges and hoses for me and they are no name hoses. The High side hose seals popped out after my last test and the schrader valve fell apart.
    I'm going to order some new ones right away.
    My center hose is a yellow Jacket and it's holding up just fine.
    I haven't had any problem with the low loss fittings releasing with just a short puff of gas. At least until I discovered my High Side Schrader valve had fallen apart. I tossed the hose as soon as I found the problem.
    I will check out the JB hoses. Hope my boss will pop for the better equipment.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX.
    Posts
    615
    Post Likes
    Are you speaking of the Schrader valve depressors in the hoses? If so the jb hoses usually have the rebuild kits for them in the same area.

    Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    6,682
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin65 View Post
    Hello all,
    Newbie here and though I have used my hoses several times since I got my certification I keep losing the rubber seals out of my hose fittings.
    I'd like to find the best I can get to prevent the loss from happening again.
    Thanks in advance for your help!!
    Merlin65
    Are you talking about seal-right low loss type hose ends?

    Or just the o-rings for standard non-low loss hoses?

    Either way, they are repairable.

    If the seal-right style, then they seem to fail when switched back and forth from POE to Mineral - the rubber swells.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
  14. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Are you talking about seal-right low loss type hose ends?

    Or just the o-rings for standard non-low loss hoses?

    Either way, they are repairable.

    If the seal-right style, then they seem to fail when switched back and forth from POE to Mineral - the rubber swells.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The seals in my hoses look like a small tube section about 1/4" long with 1/8" ID. My boss OK'ed a new set of Yellow Jackets with ball valves so I'm not going to worry too much about the old hoses for now. I do like maintaining my equipment as you are less likely to get any nasty surprises when you are in the field.
    Thanks all for the replies I'm glad I found this site as I am sure I'll need help from time to time. I work on maybe 4 or 5 appliances a year in the course of doing my job but I need to keep up on future upgrades and tips.
    Thanks again!!

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    6,682
    Post Likes
    These?



    You can buy these at any HVAC supply for probably $5 for a pack of 5


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Baghdad, Iraq
    Posts
    491
    Post Likes
    https://www.trutechtools.com/NBV60RBY

    These are the best hoses I have used so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.