Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nice access

Post Likes
    I used to work at a distillery and we had to use stainless pipe on everything. Steam, liquor, air- all stainless. I think the only copper I worked on was either water or refer.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

How much blood do I have to bathe in to get clean?

Don't look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Post Likes
    Funny just recently said to the wife...

not to be rude cause I feel for you guys...

I'm soooo thankfull I don't have to work in hospitals any more.
    "Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
    Funny just recently said to the wife...

not to be rude cause I feel for you guys...

I'm soooo thankfull I don't have to work in hospitals any more.
    Fun time, even with a the hoops you have to jump thru to do a simple job I would still rather do this than residential.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Fun time, even with a the hoops you have to jump thru to do a simple job I would still rather do this than residential.

Residential can be just as bad. I still feel like punching a wall when I come to a furnace that was installed facing a dark corner or with the front jammed up against a wall when it simply could have been turned around. I know the guys install it that way so they don't have to add another 4" of black iron pipe to save that 7 minutes but for the next however many years some poor service guy is going to be flailing around in the dark struggling to remove a part.

Post Likes
    Fun time, even with a the hoops you have to jump thru to do a simple job...
    Am I being overly sensitive or did doctors & nurses sometimes talk down to me?

Had an older Catholic hospital, St Judes Orange Calif, that had OR rooms with all the sheetmetal surfaces sweating. This had been happening for years & finally a state inspector said he was going to shut them down. Box car system had no dehumidifacation & on rare occasions when So Cal had high humidity they couldn't understand why they couldn't turn the set point to 62. When shown measurements with good Fluke digital psychrometer displaying wet bulb & infrared to measure sheetmetal surface temps they refused to believe me when I told them the metal surface temps were lower than dew point was the cause of sweating. Finally the hospital Maint. Engineer Dept. Head understood they needed dehumidification if doctors insisted on having such low set points during humid weather.

Didn't appreciate the way the surgeons treated me as I never see them act that way as a patient.

... I would still rather do this than residential.
    ...Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
    Thankfully have a great job now with LA County Fire Dept. but do see some residential equipment in small fire stations. However I only see firemen, life guards at So Cal beaches & Fire Camps in the sticks. They are almost always grateful & thankfull to see me as they know I don't screw around like most county 'workers'.

They always offer coffee, food & almost always ask if I need any help.
    "Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

Post Likes
    I work in maintenance in a hospital, and yes doctors, nurses, IT do talk down to us, that is until they realize that with a click of a few keys it can get real hot in a real hurry in their offices.

Post Likes
    I also am a plant technition at a hospital. The "architects" and the "engineers" do not think about us servicing vavs and fan coils. They are a usual quarterly wtf. But I'd rather dislocate my shoulder than go into another 160 degree attic here in Texas.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rkevins View Post
    I work in maintenance in a hospital, and yes doctors, nurses, IT do talk down to us, that is until they realize that with a click of a fesw keys it can get real hot in a real hurry in their offices.
    Yeah, IT doesn't want me to have badge access although my keys open everything. Stupid pricks.
    Nemo me impune lacessit.

Post Likes
    Those commercial GCs are right up there with defense lawyers and plastic surgeons. Sleazeballs.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Culpepper View Post
    Yeah, IT doesn't want me to have badge access although my keys open everything. Stupid pricks.
    Yea the IT people try to control everything, our department has the access control computer and they don't have keys to get in the office where it is. We recently contracted out IT and they are easer to get along with than our inhouse people were. Hospital maintenance may not be the best job in the world but at least we do see lots of cute nurses every day.

Post Likes
    Know that you mean they wont give you a badge that opens the door but the keys you check out open any door.

Post Likes
    Know that you mean they wont give you a badge that opens the door but the keys you check out open any door.
    IT is stupid in this case, because badge access means that they can track you easily, but key access means they have no idea where you are.

Post Likes
    I had to replace smoke damper motor in a assisted living facility. The damper was above a suspended sheet rock ceiling. I forget now what all had to be done to get enough up there to support the weight to get to the motor to change it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast