Name:  IMG_20181205_201903802-800x450.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  98.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Bread and Beerme
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    I do like to cook. Or, said a bit differently, I like eating healthy food. And if someone else is preparing the food, or you by food that is already prepared, you just don't know what is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I think the first B in BBeerme stands for Betty Crocker
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Yeah, I got that book when it first came out. I don't use the water under the loaf when baking any more, seems to turn out just fine without it. The only other thing I do different is only put in half the flour first to proof the dough, like I said, no more of those weird eruptions when I started doing that.

I'm cooking up the rest of it now.

https://youtu.be/Ce3k5uRkEPI

I like the bucket they use to mix.

Post Likes
    The last two I left in longer and the only difference was a darker crisper crust. After toasting (or the lack of toasting) this morning I realized the chewy consistency I was trying to discribe was more like a bagel but the bread loaf has that crispy crust. I have a bagel button on my toaster and it still didn't really toast up. Did one warm slice butter one slice cream cheese. Yep it was like a bagel. Extra water might make it lighter?
    Was trying to think what to change up for a inside that wasn't as dense and moist.

Post Likes
    Name:  IMG_20181206_073127-640x325.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  84.0 KB

Post Likes
    Actually, I was thinking just the opposite, might be too much water (or not enough flour).

Other possibilities would be to try a different flour. All purpose flour is just that. All purpose. Which means it is a blend. I don't really do much with baking except the bread, but different flours are better for different things. Maybe even try flour from another store.

For proofing, I let sit for one hour, then after adding the rest of the flour, let sit for another hour. So it is the same two hours recommended in the book. But if it is cooler where you are, you would have to let it sit longer to get the bubbles.

Maybe even letting it sit longer after pulling out of the fridge, to let the CO2 bubbles develop better.

Another thing to try would be less salt. Salt inhibits the yeast growth.

Even trying more yeast. I have the yeast in a two pound bag. So it is easy for me to add a lot more than one of those little paper packets. But since the growth of yeast is a geometric thing, just proofing it longer will do the same thing.

The last two I left in longer and the only difference was a darker crisper crust. After toasting (or the lack of toasting) this morning I realized the chewy consistency I was trying to discribe was more like a bagel but the bread loaf has that crispy crust. I have a bagel button on my toaster and it still didn't really toast up. Did one warm slice butter one slice cream cheese. Yep it was like a bagel. Extra water might make it lighter?
    Was trying to think what to change up for a inside that wasn't as dense and moist.

Post Likes
    The reason I thought water was I tried to search the difference between bagels and bread and it came up bagel dough was drier. The flour was unbleached for bread making. The yeast was old and I have a new container. I noticed they gave some recommendations about different water temps and something about adding sugar also.The kids ate it all up yesterday so no sandwiches today. Will be trying again over the weekend.

Post Likes
    looks good

Post Likes
    Somehow I missed this during turkey choking season but it brings to mind a little lyric (likely a public domain song) from the late and grate johnny cash...

Its not the barley or the wheat
    Its not the oven or the heat
    Its the needing and the sharing that makes the meal complete.

Truthfully noone is needing this meal today and everyone cant wait to get rid of that oversized dry ass bird....

But, ill let you all in a little secret on how to cook a turkey, you have to under cook it or it will be dry. Dont let the popper pop.

Ive had it every way... oven bags, deep fried in peanut oil, cajun style ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I like it when she gets that over sized bird big.

Then she gets that popper right ready to pop.

Then . . . BANG

The popper pops. AHhhhhh . . . .

Now I can roll over and go to sleep . . . LOL

Post Likes
    Ok, what did I do wrong. This is another reason I do more buns than bread. When it went in the pan it was about 1/2” away from each end and about a quarter from the sides, not quite even with the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast