Post Likes

Confused Niagara 4.6 Component Grid Tables Help

Hi There,

I'm hoping someone can help me!

I'm having an issue with my N4 graphics - I have a large number of AHUs on a job that each have up to 15 zones they serve. Each zone has a supply air temp, room temp & hot water valve, that needs to be displayed on the AHU graphic. I have created a component grid table and added it to a tabbed pane view within the AHU px file. However due to 4.6 being HTML5, it renders the table differently in the web view compared to the workbench view (all the values (Zone Name, Area Served, SAT, HWV, RoomTemp) are displayed in rows, there are no columns).

I have tried a few work arounds, but none, besides using webstart, work, and webstart can't be used as it makes our header disappear and the whole page appear smaller in the window. I have tried using a grid pane, a grid label pane, adding it to the canvas pane as a grid, grid label and HTML5 grid, & creating a new reportPX file, but they ALL display the same way (all in rows, with no columns). The ONLY thing that works, is making the tabbed pane as wide as the whole canvas pane, which I can't do either as the AHU duct work etc is on the page as well.

Besides creating a separate pop up to display the table, has anyone found anything that works?

Thanks in advance

Post Likes
    I suspect it is an issue with the component grid object. I discovered I couldn't use a component grid in templates because it does not relativize graphics in a component grid either. Tridiums answer was to submit a feature request.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel_T View Post
    Hi There,

I'm hoping someone can help me!

I'm having an issue with my N4 graphics - I have a large number of AHUs on a job that each have up to 15 zones they serve. Each zone has a supply air temp, room temp & hot water valve, that needs to be displayed on the AHU graphic. I have created a component grid table and added it to a tabbed pane view within the AHU px file. However due to 4.6 being HTML5, it renders the table differently in the web view compared to the workbench view (all the values (Zone Name, Area Served, SAT, HWV, RoomTemp) are displayed in rows, there are no columns).

I have tried a few work arounds, but none, besides using webstart, work, and webstart can't be used as it makes our header disappear and the whole page appear smaller in the window. I have tried using a grid pane, a grid label pane, adding it to the canvas pane as a grid, grid label and HTML5 grid, & creating a new reportPX file, but they ALL display the same way (all in rows, with no columns). The ONLY thing that works, is making the tabbed pane as wide as the whole canvas pane, which I can't do either as the AHU duct work etc is on the page as well.

Besides creating a separate pop up to display the table, has anyone found anything that works?

Thanks in advance
    Name:  VAVSummary.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  80.2 KB
    I have used PX includes in the past to create summary pages linked to associated AHU's I know they work in N4. That might be an option for you? N4's HTML5 development was a train wreck, it is improving but was a complete miss in N4 IMHO.

Post Likes
    Thank you. That was what we did on another job, but i wanted to try to avoid it ha it'll mean creating one include per AHU, and there's 33 of them. Some only have 2-3 zones, some 6, the most number of zones a single AHU has is 15. The easiest way would be to create the 15 zone one first, and remove unneeded labels, it's just a lot of faffing around, which is time consuming. And if the information is going to have to be done as you've shown, then I may as well leave the table in place, but put it on a separate pop up/page, as the table does add columns when you make it wider. it's just super frustrating they've made these changes, because they've made some things worse.

"N4's HTML5 development was a train wreck, it is improving but was a complete miss in N4 IMHO." I laughed out loud at this - our entire office feels the same, so many silly "features" that didn't work that we use a lot, like pop ups, & tabbed panes etc. Most of them have been fixed in subsequent releases, but there's still a few issues, sorry "features", that need ironing out.

Post Likes
    Ok, excuse me for a second but OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! i just figured out the fix! I hurt myself celebrating ha.

So, I dragged the component grid onto my tabbed pane & selected workbench view -> HTML5 Component Grid Table. Then double clicked the table to edit the properties, and changed the "mobileWidth" from the default 800 to 100. That's IT! Oh i can't tell you how happy i am to not have to make 33 different PX includes.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Post Likes
    Ok, excuse me for a second but OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! i just figured out the fix! I hurt myself celebrating ha.

So, I dragged the component grid onto my tabbed pane & selected workbench view -> HTML5 Component Grid Table. Then double clicked the table to edit the properties, and changed the "mobileWidth" from the default 800 to 100. That's IT! Oh i can't tell you how happy i am to not have to make 33 different PX includes.

I hope everyone has a great day!
    Ok we just tried it on another site, and it didn't have the mobileWidth option, it would seem it's only available in 4.6, and not 4.4 or 4.2, which is a bummer.

Post Likes
    Ok we just tried it on another site, and it didn't have the mobileWidth option, it would seem it's only available in 4.6, and not 4.4 or 4.2, which is a bummer.
    Yes I believe that was released in 4.6

Post Likes
    Thank you. That was what we did on another job, but i wanted to try to avoid it ha it'll mean creating one include per AHU, and there's 33 of them. Some only have 2-3 zones, some 6, the most number of zones a single AHU has is 15. The easiest way would be to create the 15 zone one first, and remove unneeded labels, it's just a lot of faffing around, which is time consuming. And if the information is going to have to be done as you've shown, then I may as well leave the table in place, but put it on a separate pop up/page, as the table does add columns when you make it wider. it's just super frustrating they've made these changes, because they've made some things worse.

"N4's HTML5 development was a train wreck, it is improving but was a complete miss in N4 IMHO." I laughed out loud at this - our entire office feels the same, so many silly "features" that didn't work that we use a lot, like pop ups, & tabbed panes etc. Most of them have been fixed in subsequent releases, but there's still a few issues, sorry "features", that need ironing out.
    Yes N4 really missed the boat on UI development. Will all the issues I dealt with over the years regarding AX and Java I would've have thought HTML5 development would have been priority? They had some really good industry examples like Dglux, Finstack, and others. I guess they thought haystack tagging and a bunch of useless garbage was more important? Most of my customers log in do what they need to do, and logout. A user friendly UI that you can reliably log into is most important starting point. Oh and the SVG N4 library is a good idea with SVG's, but the images are laughable!! Hello 1990!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Norriski Tech View Post
    Yes N4 really missed the boat on UI development. Will all the issues I dealt with over the years regarding AX and Java I would've have thought HTML5 development would have been priority? They had some really good industry examples like Dglux, Finstack, and others. I guess they thought haystack tagging and a bunch of useless garbage was more important? Most of my customers log in do what they need to do, and logout. A user friendly UI that you can reliably log into is most important starting point. Oh and the SVG N4 library is a good idea with SVG's, but the images are laughable!! Hello 1990!
    ahahah yes! Such retro, much 90's. They got rid of, or changed in a bad way, some of the working features we used a lot, which took away a lot of functionality for us and our clients/end users. We still use the kitPxGraphics which look smoother and a bit better than the standard kitPxHvac, but they often don't fully line up, which is frustrating. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to move them by 0.1 on the x/y axis' so when viewed in browser preview mode they line up correctly, but it hasn't yet worked.