+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Furnace change out

Post Likes

Furnace change out

Replaced furnace only. Brought evap coil down to sit on new furnace. Re-piped and prettied up the refrigerant pipes.

Once again, forgot to take before pics.

Old furnace was 20yo goodman gmpn i think 90%er

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You'll probably have a good bit of that filter not getting dirty and filtering since the opening on the S9 is so small. We would use a Right Angle Air Bear in a job like that so the full media has airflow. Only thing I don't like about Trane's new furnace line. Our supplier also makes transitions from the side of the cabinet to the full size of the Honeywell media so the customer doesn't wonder why only part of the media is dirty.

Post Likes
    Yup, i hear ya.

Not a fan of the small opening. I would have transitioned it but, i didnt have alot of room. I already offset 8” over to account for the new media. Any further would have caused issues and serviceability since the water heater is next to it

Post Likes
    Those are good looking furnaces..

Post Likes
    gravity, check out the Trion Right Angle Air Bear. 20x25x5 media at an angle in the box so you get the full filter working. Our tech rep says that way is good for up to 1400 CFM on the S9. As I recall it takes 11" so you might not have had to move the drop.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Have you guys tried the side vent configuration on the S9 furnaces yet? I agree it is a bit of a nuisance with the return air but I like that air bear box. Do you guys do anything to address the bottom cap of furnace? I was using some good silver tape at first but ended up back at a couple jobs when it came loose and started making an, interesting noise.
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    Have you guys tried the side vent configuration on the S9 furnaces yet? I agree it is a bit of a nuisance with the return air but I like that air bear box. Do you guys do anything to address the bottom cap of furnace? I was using some good silver tape at first but ended up back at a couple jobs when it came loose and started making an, interesting noise.
    I pull the blower out and use duct butter to seal it and let her dry

Post Likes
    You could make a box under the furnace like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Nice looking install they couldn't spring for a condensing unit? Looks like it would be a easy run with PVC.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    They thought they didn't want the 97% two stage I wanted to sell them because somebody sold them on a Rheem 80%. No matter what I said, thats what they wanted, I told them I don't like them, don't sell them and it was going to be loud, that is until they heard the pos running... Then they bugged the sh1t out of me complaining, p1ssing and moaning until I told them I'd install the one I wanted to in the first place, at a price, that somewhat slowed the complaints although they still didn't want to pay to get the 97%... The moral of the story, walk away if someone doesn't want what you know they need...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in