+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier service charges

Post Likes

Carrier service charges

I see that Carrier is now charging $75 for tech help.
    i have a dealer account number and still wait on hold until I give up 30 minutes later.
    Can't believe this is going to be good for anyone that sells Carrier equipment.

Post Likes
    Do you call carrier directly? Our distributor has its own tech support

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    distributor southwest

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timjimbob View Post
    distributor southwest
    Meant to say SE

Post Likes
    Apparently if you're a Carrier factory authorized dealer, you still get free tech support. Bad enough they want to charge to do a warranty at the counter.

Post Likes
    Its based on the distributor, not so much "Carrier". There are two sides of the coin here. I have witnessed legit calls for tech support where there is a very difficult problem to nail, and have also witnessed calls where you have to wonder if the person has a pulse or respiratory rate, and is wasting time. I beleive a large majority of bad apples ruined it for the good guys.

The same goes with warranty. With all the companies doing long warranties and unit replacement guarantees there is a TON of labor in checking warranty entitlement, property records, verifing owners names, addresses, and phone numbers. For some unknown reason, technicians, and dealers are not obtaining this info from the jobsite, and the distributor spends countless hours figuring all this out. Again...good guys suffer over the bad apples. I have seen guys just start throwing parts at a unit and go as far as getting a unit change just to find out the duct work is wrong.

Im sure some will completely disagree.

Post Likes
    Just use there website.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in