+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plugs for Refrigerant Hoses

Post Likes

Plugs for Refrigerant Hoses

Does anyone sell plugs for this as a stand alone item. I have received some hoses with plugs when purchased. However I've also received some without and would like to cap them when not in use to prevent contamination.

1/4" and 3/8" hoses.

Post Likes
    I know HD carries ⅜" brass flare plugs. I imagine most supply houses carry any size you need.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    I know HD carries ⅜" brass flare plugs. I imagine most supply houses carry any size you need.
    I was asking about the plastic caps - not the brass plugs - which while they should work seems like overkill just for dust/contamination protection.

Post Likes
    A quick Google search has shown me that unless you plan to purchase 200-10,000 at a time and try to resell them to other techs, you're probably just better off to buy brass plugs. I went in search of the same things a long while back and ended up buying a few plugs and several couplers, some 1/4"×1/4" and some 1/4"×3/8" for vacuum hoses. I only ended up using the couplers, works really good for rolling your hoses for storage.
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Did not think about couplers - yes that's a good solution that would do what i want and also serve to keep the hose rolled up. I think I will go with the coupler solution - good suggestion - thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in