+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightmare on Elm St.

Post Likes

Nightmare on Elm St.

I've been to this headache before and always cringe when they call. Luckily it was just an old screw fuse toggle switch not making! Also lucky they sprang for one shut off valve to isolate the ruptured Extrol. A couple weeks later he wanted me to reroute a supply and return for a second floor loop that was in the way of the larger electric panel he was having installed all due to one thing leads to another when a kitchen cabinet fell down.

Second floor loop NO WAY to get air from it. Radiant loop also no way to bleed air. I guess as long as it eventually moved into the old standing radiation they finally eliminated it. Oh and when the FB8 naturally did not work I was able to pick up a 5/16 refrigeration to 1/2 MPT adapter that sat in the supply house for a century. Yes 5/16 hard copper from feed valve to boiler. Thank god the second floor loop had supply and return shutoffs so I could install what I needed to blow it down.
    [IMG]Nightmare by Glenn Hanson, on Flickr[/IMG]

And the radiant mixing valve with the outdoor portion nowhere to be found.
    Nightmare by Glenn Hanson, on Flickr

Post Likes
    the other end must be some place or someone cut it off not knowing what it was for

Post Likes
    Not sure what happened to the other pic

Post Likes
    Is that Induced draft/ flue set up "Kosher"?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    this whole boiler set up looks DIYED to me was it needs to be redone one part at a time and done right

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I'd tighten the coat hanger on that x-trol tank.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    Not sure what happened to the other pic

PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    this whole boiler set up looks DIYED to me was it needs to be redone one part at a time and done right
    I have told them that for about six years. It all has to go and be redone the right way. I have also told them don't start waiting till the thing cracks on Friday night in December. Probably a three day job ideally in warm weather.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    I have told them that for about six years. It all has to go and be redone the right way. I have also told them don't start waiting till the thing cracks on Friday night in December. Probably a three day job ideally in warm weather.
    Glenn, hopefully you have made up your Invoices in such a manner, that it relieves you of any responsibility, if a situation arises that causes Harm to Body &/or Property.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    That's where I left my Channel Locks! I thought somebody stoled them!!!
    There's TREACHERY AFOOT!!!

Post Likes
    is that your extra xtrol tank on the floor to ?

Post Likes
    i love the hacked in draft inducer for the chimney vent system how it works right is beyond me

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in