+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testo 550 ????

Post Likes

Testo 550 ????

Recently bought a brand new one at pawn shop wasn’t going to play the digital game but the price was right. How are you guys storing them the case doesn’t look friendly for hoses plus hate to have oil leak all over. Is the blue tooth app worth downloading (have to get approved through IT ) I’m sure this has been discussed but my search skills suck. Any other dos or don’ts for an old analog guy thanks
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    FWIW: I’ve been using a couple 550’s for quite a few years now and they’ve been great for me. They were among the first units TruTest started selling.

I keep mine in pelican-like knockoff cases with hoses attached. One is 22 and other 410a. Battery life decent. Fairly rugged. I’m a stickler for keeping my stuff clean so the cases work for me though a bit bulky.

I am not aware of any wireless capability, but that would be useful in my next purchase.

Post Likes
    I actually keep mine in the original case with the hoses attached. You can coil them around to fit nicely. I also keep the suction temp probe hooked up while it’s in the case. When I use them I leave the manifold in the box and uncoil the hoses enough to hook to the service ports. This works on most residential systems for me. As far as the Bluetooth app I don’t bother with it. You’ve got to activate it every time from the manifold screen and again every time you lose signal to it(which happens around ten feet away). I find it easier just to use built in screen.

Post Likes
    ^^^^^^
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Mine hang just like the analogs.
    If not using them very often I will remove the temp clamps.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

6. Likes heatingman, CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I hang mine also, with the hoses attached. I keep the temp clamps in a little zip up bag that I hang next to the gauges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Mine have been hanging for 2 years unless in use. Keep analogs though, for setting pressure controls!

9. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    All my digitals hang in the back. Secured with a bungee. Sensors stored in a zipup pouch.

I set pressure controls using the min/max on the digitals. Really easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I will have try that min max

12. Likes gravity liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I dont use analog since I bought these 5-6 years ago. No problems with them and they saved me lot of time and effort, not to mention the dough
    They are kept in the original plastic case, with all hoses attached. I also keep temp. probes in the same case along with another set of hoses for R410A and spare batteries.
    BT is nice when you work on the large machine and you have to walk all the way around it to check the electronic control box, change the parameters, check valves, probes... Just leave the manifolds attached and use the phone as remote display. The range is about 15 m. (40ish feet) which was just enough for me. Also, you can update/ change the list of supported refrigerants from the app.

Post Likes
    welcome to the club
    mine hanging too
    but with the temp clamp attached, clamped to the hoses and a little piece of foam behind the testo so is not banging against the shelves.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in