Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by opey456 View Post
    I have had 3 ignitors ( 80 volt) go bad on this furnace AS Model- AUHMD120ACV5VAC. Meeting electricians out there Monday to check proper grounding of the house. Have they had some big issue with the 80 volt ignitors?
    I'm assuming since you're calling in an electrician that you've already verified the voltage going to the ignitor?
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Trane has ditched ALL 80V igniters.

They recommend replacing them with the 120V update kit.

OEM is an 80V, IGN00117.
    Update kit? Yes when you have to replace one of the old boards they give you a new ignitor. It's not like you can add some little gadget to the old oem board and magically use the 120v ignitor.

Post Likes
    Had to look for a 825 RPM blower motor for A/S-Trane. Why do they have to use such odd components?

Post Likes
    I believe the 80 volt ignitor was only used on the furnaces with the step down boards, where they dropped the voltage after each successful ignition until it would not longer ignite then they stepped it backup to where it was successful in an attempt to extend ignitor life. Needless to say it didn't work. I have only had a few fail but when some of the other parts fail it is expensive.

Post Likes
    I have. The home is about 90 years old and has had some other erratic communicating issues with another system. There is no true earth ground that I can tell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12